Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 200 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customersincluding the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agenciesare using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
Product Marketing is responsible for developing crisp, highly differentiated, and compelling positioning and messaging for AWS and its services. We tell AWS’s most important and interesting stories to educate customers about what is possible when you build on AWS.
As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager for data migration, transfer and edge compute solutions, you will lead the strategy for how we communicate to our customers about our differentiated portfolio. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, creating the most compelling content to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right programs to drive thought leadership and increase customer awareness and service adoption. You will also work with the engineering teams to shape the product vision and prioritize features, and develop field enablement content to help our sellers communicate the value and benefits of the file portfolio to our customers. In this role, you will get to work on a rapidly growing business and have a big impact every day.
Preference for the position to be location in Boston, MA or near any Amazon/AWS U.S. Corporate office locations only.
Key job responsibilities
• Own the development and execution of marketing plans, campaigns, and thought leadership for AWS storage services and solutions
• Own messaging and positioning of key strategic AWS storage services and solutions
• Collaborate with AWS engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits into product marketing messages
• Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages, content and tools (event keynotes, customer presentations, websites, whitepapers, infographics, webinars, customer success stories, product videos, how to guides, etc.)
• Work effectively across AWS with groups such as engineering, digital marketing, sales, business development, and evangelists to achieve business goals
• Develop and execute on breakthrough product marketing activities that reach target audiences effectively
• Own major service and feature launches and drive awareness and adoption of new releases
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
• Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
• Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 10+ years of experience in fields such as product marketing, solutions marketing, technical marketing, product management, management consulting, or technical pre-sales
• 7+ years demonstrated track record in crafting positioning and marketing content
• Bachelor’s degree with marketing, business, technology, computer science or relevant field of study focus
• Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products
• MBA and/or computer science, engineering, technology background
• 10 years of product marketing experience
• Experience developing and executing on joint partner marketing campaigns
• Experience with cloud and data center infrastructure technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.