Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Do you wake up in the morning excited about what cloud computing can do for customers of all shapes and sizes? Are you excited to be able to explain how AWS can be a great platform to build and run applications at scale? Do you have a passion for helping customers understand how these technologies can make a big difference to their businesses?
As a Product Marketing Manager for AWS container services, you will engage our customers and prospects to help them understand how our portfolio or container related services can help them move and build their applications and workloads in the cloud. You will make an impact every day by creating the most compelling content to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and build the right marketing programs to drive customer engagement and service adoption. You will also work with the product teams to shape the product vision and prioritize features for a rapidly growing business.
This role is Virtual.
Key job responsibilities
• Work with product marketing and service teams to support service launches by distilling key functionality and benefits into product marketing messages
• Craft & develop compelling audience-specific messages, content and tools (eBooks, presentations, white papers, infographics, webinars, customer success stories, product videos, how to guides etc.)
• Partner with other marketing teams (e.g., web content, campaigns, demand generation, field teams, and events) to drive and execute on global marketing initiatives
• Work effectively across AWS with groups such as product, digital marketing, sales, business development, and evangelists to achieve business goals
• Continuously measure and optimize product marketing initiatives by leverage a diverse marketing toolset (e.g., Marketo, Tableau, and Salesforce)
• Ability to travel both domestic and international to meet with customers and internal stakeholders
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About the team
The product marketing team works on creating compelling positioning and marketing content to support product launches and campaigns that will help customers modernize their applications. We all have a bias for action for developing awesome marketing assets (e.g., website, videos, success stories, blogs, presentations, print collateral, sales enablement tools, etc.). We look for ways to measure the impact of our work on service growth. We all work together and pick each other up when workloads shift. This helps us manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables. We enjoy supporting a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
• 5+ years work experience in fields such as product marketing, technical pre-sales, consulting, training, marketing communications, digital marketing for technology companies or products
• Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment working with technical customers to develop insights, create messaging, and test concepts.
• A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant field of study such as computer science OR 5+ years industry experience in marketing of technical products
• Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative technology products and in crafting positioning and marketing content
• 5+ year’s experience in product marketing for a B2B product organization developing marketing assets (e.g., website, videos, success stories, blogs, presentations, print collateral, sales enablement tools, etc.)
• 5+ years experience with marketing tools including Web Content Management Systems, Salesforce, Marketing Automation, and reporting tools.
• Product marketing experience with cloud and data center infrastructure technologies
• Ability to easily transition from creative ideation to detailed execution.
• Experience writing clear and effective professional communications in narrative form.
• Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
• Excellent communicator who can drive consensus and articulate recommendations and tradeoffs to peers and senior executives.
• Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If located within the city limits of Columbia, SC, this position is subject to a background check for any convictions directly related to its duties and responsibilities. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.
The base salary pay range for this position in Colorado is $109k – $128k per year; however, base salary pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.