Pernod Ricard USA
Pernod Ricard USA creates the moments that make life worth living. They are #CreatorsOfConviviality.
Position Title: Brand Manager, Jameson
Location: New York, NY
At Pernod Ricard, your safety and well-being are our top priority. Pernod Ricard Policy requires that all PRUSA employees (regardless of work location or remote status) must be fully vaccinated (at least two weeks after last vaccine dose) as a condition of employment, and proof of vaccination will be required. The Company will grant reasonable accommodations based on a medical or religious reason preventing vaccination, or as otherwise required by state law.
The salary range for this role, based in New York is $101,200.00 to $151,800.00, range will vary if outside of this location. Base salaries are determined during our interview process, by assessing a candidate’s experience, skills against internal peers and against the scope and responsibilities of the position.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company’s leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT ® Vodka, Chivas Regal ® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet ® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson ® Irish Whiskey, Malibu ®, Kahlúa ® Liqueur, Beefeater ® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob’s Creek ® and Brancott Estate ®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët ® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa ® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA offers an extensive benefits package that includes:
- Product allowance to enjoy on Pernod Ricard products
- Competitive paid Time Off Plan + Well Being Days
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- BetterUp Care wellness benefits
And much, much more! For more information regarding our offerings, please visit : PRUSABenefits.com
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
A high-profile Brand Management role for the #1 contributor brand in the Pernod Ricard USA portfolio, the Jameson Brand Manager will be responsible for supporting strategic and brand plan development/ implementation along with innovation support for Jameson in the US. He/she will exhibit a general manager mindset and will be responsible for leading breakthrough projects that will aim to achieve two critical goals; a) build brand equity and, b) drive brand performance through long term profitable growth.
This exciting role requires a dynamic and experienced Brand Manager who has a strong marketing, analytical and strategic background, has demonstrated the ability to build multi-channel marketing programs, is consumer centric and can balance thinking strategically with the key execution priorities on the business including but not limited to the following:
- Strategic Planning: Own and deliver the annual strategic planning process. Lead the development of breakthrough consumer centric programs. Demonstrate growth mindset and ability to drive & articulate brand strategy, grounding recommendations in brand/consumer/category insights.
- Partnering with the agencies and cross functional team to drive the communication strategy and vision media to shelf, for retail programs, and helping to develop platforms/executions that maximize business results.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: Develop, deliver, and iterate plans continuously with a resourceful, obsessive, and fearless mindset with a focus on proving the case for brand expansion.
- Agile: Results-orientation and ability to operate with agility to run with test and learn approach.
- Collaboration & Integration: Lead a cross functional and agency working team, fostering and building a strong multi-functional team. Cross-functional teams include but are not limited to the Marketing Accelerator team (Media), Innovation Hub, Consumer Insights, BP&A, Channel teams, Experiential & Sponsorship teams, and Commercial Teams. Collaboration, alignment, and influence with multiple stakeholders is a key to success.
- Analysis and Reporting: Lead the analysis and reporting of market and competitor trends to identify salient business issues/opportunities, working with BP&A, insights & sales teams as necessary.
- Research: Perform analysis/construct research programs in collaboration with Consumer Insights team and derive implications to ensure marketing programs/expenditures meet KPIs. Consistently seek to improve the existing programming.
- Competitive Analysis and Implications: Assist with the development of the Strategic Brand Review by analyzing category opportunities, identifying key consumer targets, innovation opportunities, and activation strategies.
- Innovation: Building innovation pipeline & go to market launch plans in collaboration with IHub team.
- Internal & External Brand Champion: Leverage excellent presentation and story-telling skills, passion and energy to be the primary advocate for the brand internally (e.g. management presentations, sales meetings etc.) and externally (e.g. in front of key customers, PR events etc.).
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Act as day-to-day general manager; develop brand strategy & roadmap against key portfolio initiatives. Lead engagement with PRUSA & global BrandCo senior management to align initiatives.
- Support Senior Brand Manager in collaboration with cross-functional partners to build brand content and communications. Own development of below the line on and off premise programing and asset creation, ensuring a cohesive through the line approach.
- Support the development of national programs/strategies with flexibility and local adaptation in mind; work with Innovation Hub on supporting brand innovation plans; deliver brand digital strategy/media engagement plans
- Ensure optimization of brand programs, collaborating with Multicultural & Inclusivity team, E-commerce, & Customer/Field partners
- Always-on tracking of traditional and digital media strategies / trends, demand territories and occasions, and brand perceptions; Leverage learnings & key insights to optimize future plans
The role requires a highly motivated self-starter with strong leadership, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to collaborate effectively across functions with passion and enthusiasm. Strong entrepreneurial ability to work around obstacles, results driven, and a bias for action. Must be able to both lead and influence teams. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and executive presentation skills is essential. Must demonstrate the ability to effectively thrive within a matrix environment which relies on cross functional teams to deliver objectives. This role offers the opportunity to be highly independent as part of a large, dynamic and collaborative team.
a. Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent); MBA or advanced degree preferable
b. Experience / Background: 5+ years of business experience, with experience in a management level role in CPG, BevAlc, media agency or advertiser and working on the customer side. The ideal candidate will have significant experience managing large and culturally iconic brands with large A&P spends. Must have solid experience developing brand strategies grounded in insights and analytics. Must have experience in managing and partnering with a broad set of stakeholders in matrix organization as well as external agency partners. Must have experience managing financials and business performance including budget management. Ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the BevAlc industry and US on-premise & off-premise dynamics.
c. This position may travel up to 25% of the time.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date: