Pernod Ricard USA
Pernod Ricard USA creates the moments that make life worth living. They are #CreatorsOfConviviality.
Position Title: Senior Manager, Customer Development
Location: New York, NY
At Pernod Ricard, your safety and well-being are our top priority. Pernod Ricard Policy requires that all PRUSA employees (regardless of work location or remote status) must be fully vaccinated (at least two weeks after last vaccine dose) as a condition of employment, and proof of vaccination will be required. The Company will grant reasonable accommodations based on a medical or religious reason preventing vaccination, or as otherwise required by state law.
The salary range for this role, based in Georgia is $116, 000.00 to $174, 000.00, range will vary if outside of this location. Base salaries are determined during our interview process, by assessing a candidate’s experience, skills against internal peers and against the scope and responsibilities of the position.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company’s leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT ® Vodka, Chivas Regal ® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet ® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson ® Irish Whiskey, Malibu ®, Kahlúa ® Liqueur, Beefeater ® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob’s Creek ® and Brancott Estate ®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët ® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa ® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA offers an extensive benefits package that includes:
- Product allowance to enjoy on Pernod Ricard products
- Competitive paid Time Off Plan + Well Being Days
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- BetterUp Care wellness benefits
And much, much more! For more information regarding our offerings, please visit : PRUSABenefits.com
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
At Pernod Ricard USA, we have accelerated and transformed our organization around experiences of conviviality, placing the consumer at the heart of our business model. The Customer Development Manager plays a critical role in our mission to leverage the power of the complete portfolio to beat the market, ensuring that our customers have the right spirit to match every moment of conviviality.
This Senior Customer Development Manager will drive frontline business in top accounts within designated market and areas of responsibility. Serving as the key point of contact in large on-premise key accounts, this role leads customer-facing consultative selling, trade engagement, and consumer activation for the full PR (Pernod Ricard) portfolio. The successful candidate collaborates closely with local market leadership and acts as the connector between our portfolio of brands, the trade, and our consumers. This position is an innovator, continuously identifying and acting on novel opportunities in market for portfolio growth and increased brand visibility.
This position reports directly to the State Director.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Hires, Recruits, Trains and Develops a team of Customer Development Managers:
for total portfolio penetration. Identifies KPI metrics for on premise accounts for CDM team to own, manage and lead to drive velocity year-round by acting as a consultative advisor to designated on-premise accounts:
- Train Customer Development Managers to execute the steps to a consultative sales call, Own Accounts
- Remains call point for top accounts with regularly frequency
- Consistently execute work withs in field with CDM team to ensure development, identify opportunities and strategize for programs of execution.
- Support customer meetings as a consultative partner during work withs & thoroughly understand account business processes, plans, needs and how the full PR portfolio can play in their outlet
- Build monthly and quarterly programs per guidance from National direction & Sales Leadership Guidance; activate brand-specific programs based on key priority periods with trade & consumers, incl. samplings
- Identify quarterly & annual KPIs for menus / features with channel-specific trade & consumer programming
- Collaborate with Field Marketing lead to organize thoughtful execution to increase brand visibility with POS in key accounts
Create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders & select key accounts in on premise local trade within account universe and geographic area:
- Act as market liaison between PR USA brands and trade / consumers
- Maintain and grow a diverse trade network in assigned geographic area
- Work in collaboration with PR USA trade education partners (Brand Ambassadors, Master Sommelier, Mixology & Education) to drive trade education in support of broader PR brand building among the trade
- Maintain broad awareness of industry, on-premise channel, and category trends
- Collaborate with local Distributors to ensure customer follow-through and support. Distribute wholesaler contact information to CDM team to ensure follow up with account wholesaler leads to provide execution and distribution implementation
- Compile and share recaps for Wholesaler Management team to communicate key wins and best practices across team
- Identify and act on new opportunities in market for portfolio growth opportunities
- Serve as a product knowledge expert for PRUSA brands across the full portfolio incl. upcoming innovations, inform & train CDM team and customers on benefits & features.
Uphold responsibility for key administrative, financial, and operational tasks, including:
- Lead team breakdown of T&E, Monitoring and Assigning T&E budget to support implementation of assigned portfolio / brand activation budgets
- Management of Team POS materials, preparation of POS orders in-time with POS cycles, and POS breakdown of in partnership with Commercial Planning & Operations team in the Division
- Support & Lead of PR USA and Distributor teams for essential distributor meetings and work withs
- Tracking of key customer and distributor meetings and deadlines for quarterly / annual plans
- Overseeing tracking of activation-oriented budgets and spend within limits
The role requires a highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, as well as the ability to influence others. Individual must have a strong ability to collaborate effectively across functions with passion, charisma, and enthusiasm. The role requires the incumbent to be data driven and analytically savvy.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience / Background: Minimum 5-7 years of work experience in relevant sales capacity, preferably in alcohol beverage or consumer goods industry.
Travel: This position may travel up to 30% of the time.
Schedule Flexibility: Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required by account universe.
- Strong relationship-building skills with internal and external partners; effectively serve as the lead in account relationship management and selling for target accounts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen; understanding of market dynamics, sub-channels, customers, distributors, and market-specific legal requirements.
- Ability to anticipate needs of key customers and distributor partners; deliver proactively against their needs.
- Strong proficiency in problem solving, prioritization, and the ability to multitask in a rapid-changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexile and able to adapt with agility.
- Effective budget management capabilities.
- Growth Mindset: Strategic mindset – Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Consumer Centricity: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Drive Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Deliver through collaboration: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Bold and Agile: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder; courageous; strong decision-making ability that keeps the organization moving forward.
- Grow Diverse Teams: Leverages and values diversity of profiles to build empowered teams and develops talents creating a sense of belonging to help them meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date: