Pernod Ricard USA
Pernod Ricard USA creates the moments that make life worth living. They are #CreatorsOfConviviality.
Position Title: Senior Area Chain Manager Strategic Customers
Location: Irving, TX
At Pernod Ricard, your safety and well-being are our top priority. Pernod Ricard Policy requires that all PRUSA employees (regardless of work location or remote status) must be fully vaccinated (at least two weeks after last vaccine dose) as a condition of employment, and proof of vaccination will be required. The Company will grant reasonable accommodations based on a medical or religious reason preventing vaccination, or as otherwise required by state law.
Who are we?
Pernod Ricard USA is the premium spirits and wine company in the U.S. The company’s leading spirits and wines include such prestigious brands as ABSOLUT ® Vodka, Chivas Regal ® Scotch Whisky, The Glenlivet ® Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Jameson ® Irish Whiskey, Malibu ®, Kahlúa ® Liqueur, Beefeater ® Gin, and Avión™ Tequila such superior wines as Jacob’s Creek ® and Brancott Estate ®; and such exquisite champagnes and sparkling wines as Perrier-Jouët ® Champagne, G.H. Mumm™ Champagne and Mumm Napa ® sparkling wines. Learn more about our history, values, strategies and organization by visiting us at http://www.pernod-ricard-usa.com/
Working at Pernod Ricard
Working for Pernod Ricard USA means working for the co-leader in the global wines and spirits industry – and having the opportunity to work with great people and great brands in diverse and challenging roles. Our success is the result of the passion and creativity of our people, our exceptional portfolio of leading premium brands, and a shared commitment to our values of entrepreneurship, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics. Pernod Ricard USA rewards both individual initiative and a spirit of collaboration, and encourages ongoing professional development. Pernod Ricard USA recognizes the importance of continuously building upon our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe in championing an inclusive culture that embraces differences and encourages employees to challenge themselves and their colleagues.
Pernod Ricard USA offers competitive compensation, performance bonuses and domestic & international career development opportunities.
Pernod Ricard USA offers an extensive benefits package that includes:
- Product allowance to enjoy on Pernod Ricard products
- Competitive paid Time Off Plan + Well Being Days
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- BetterUp Care wellness benefits
And much, much more! For more information regarding our offerings, please visit : PRUSABenefits.com
Pernod Ricard USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Offers will be subject to United States local terms.
Join our winning team today if…
- You stay current with industry trends and communicate and assess competitive activity appropriately and swiftly
- You forge new paths and constantly challenge the status quo with a bold & agile mindset
- You work well with multiple stakeholders across various functions with a high comfort level and ease
- You take challenges head-on and are adept at solving complex problems in dynamic environments
- You are a competitive person who thrives on winning and persistently pursue excellence
- You find opportunities and quickly turn them into actionable insights with creative programming
- You are obsessed with the details and accept nothing less than perfection
- You are comfortable juggling many priorities, in fact, you are bored otherwise
- You thrive in high-energy and high-pressure environments
Seeking a highly motivated Sr. Area Chain Manager, Strategic Customers to manage day to day sales and distribution across wholesalers and retailers in Texas. The primary purpose of this position is to lead, plan, develop and execute PRUSA’s Off-Premise Spirits program strategy, in designated regional chain customers. This person will be responsible for owning and driving the market, account plan, execution, promotional funding, and pricing while leading internal PRUSA field teams and dedicated distributor partners to sell and execute against that plan.
This position reports to the VP Chains West, and requires close work and communication with State, Division, Finance, Marketing, Wholesale Partners, National Customer Leads and Operations as the strategy is implemented to outperform the market and grow share.
- Manages customer relationships while working within the context of the chain selling strategies & tactics.
- Leads with insights and customer first approach to category selling opportunities with PRUSA brand portfolios.
- Execute national programs in select regional and national accounts including multicultural & digital.
- Work in conjunction with the state team to align on forecasting of business and promotional programming.
- Work closely with Dedicated Distributor teams to manage and ensure execution of customer plans.
- Manage pricing & promotional budgets to support programming and Revenue Growth Management initiatives.
- Own the annual planning process for the assigned account base, to include Chain Summit and meeting facilitation.
- Sell-in, survey and implement regional sales, marketing, and brand priorities.
- Create metrics to evaluate pre-program, during and post-program volume/share gains for PRUSA.
- Coordinate state and distributor communication as it relates to programming, performance, post-program analysis, etc.
- Identify gaps in the plan, work along with state and distributor partners to develop measures to close gaps.
- Manage implement and track innovation, allocations, POS and VAP execution for the assigned account base.
- Implement digital programs for regional customers.
- Share customer data and insights with division and channel marketing to assist in the local planning process and program evaluation.
- Communicate and coordinate national chain plans and execution within the region – Develop, deliver, execute, and participate in monthly, trimester and/or annual planning meetings for assigned wholesalers
- Align pricing, shelf L3F, promotions, advertising, distribution, and programs
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience / Background:
- 7-9 years of experience in sales, preferably in alcohol beverage or consumer goods industry
- Preferred experience working with distributor partners and serving a large number of diverse retailers
- Highly motivated individual with strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results
- Expert level user with PowerPoint & Excel
- Proficient in Nielsen or other consumer data reporting
- Excellent relationship-building skills with ability to influence at all levels
- Demonstrated success in distributor management, customer management and field operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to command an audience while delivering presentations
- Strong business acumen with ability to analyze and interpret sales data to drive strategy and action plans.
Physical Environment: Work is performed in a typical field environment with moderate demands for movement and lifting. Normal visual, hearing and language acuity required for correspondence and computer usage. Frequent travel by land and/or air in diverse weather conditions is required.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date: