Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Traffic and Marketing Tech Creator Growth team’s goal is to make Amazon the Earth’s most desired destination for commerce influencers and their content. We are a new org focused on products and experiences that drive growth for Creators. We own the Creator product across Amazon to ensure a cohesive experience, experiment with and align compensation structure, and launch features that reinforce feelings of achievement for Creators in addition to monetary compensation. We seek to strengthen creators’ sense of community, fandom, and credibility, and provide positive feedback loops.
We are seeking a seasoned product marketer to lead the go-to-market strategy for new creator monetization initiatives. This person will obsess over how creators are successful in earning with Amazon. The monetization team is a nimble team that works closely with internal teams to develop and roll out new and innovative ways for Creators to earn on Amazon, the #1 driver of satisfaction among Creators. In this role, you will need to think strategically to develop and experiment with new strategies that drive creator earnings, communicate the opportunities simply and effectively to creators, generate interest from vendors/sellers, and facilitate adoption at scale in partnership with worldwide stakeholders across retail, advertising, and product partner teams.
You will work with our key stakeholders and product managers to translate ideas into monetizable opportunities defining the overarching program strategy, what success looks like at scale, how to market the opportunity to key customer cohorts, and analyze experiment results with bias for action. You will partner with the product and development teams to scale successful strategies across the Creator community, and work to market new initiatives to Creators, as well as our internal partner teams to implement these strategies. We are looking for builders, innovators, and entrepreneurs who can think big, and bring those ideas to life, enriching the shopping experience of millions of customers, while helping Creators make a living.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, collaborates cross-functionally, is extremely detail-oriented, and able to distill complex experiments into simple value propositions for Creators to grow their ways to earn on Amazon. You can influence up, down, and across and thrive in entrepreneurial environments. You have a proven track record of driving adoption of new strategies with competing internal and external customers (Creators, brands, vendors/sellers, and stakeholder teams), and you excel at creating effective communication and compelling materials to help Creators understand the opportunities for expanded earning potential.
Position may be located in Seattle, New York, or Atlanta. Relocation offered within the US to those locations only.
Key job responsibilities
• Identify new or emerging revenue-generating levers for creators, define program scope & requirements, lead overall implementation of initiatives, and marketing strategy to creators with bias for action
• Partner with product, analytics, and tech to define key metrics of success for new initiatives and work to scale and automate when successful
• Partner closely with finance to define the business case for new earning opportunities, seeking to offset costs through revenue generation where possible
• Drive adoption of new compensation opportunities with internal teams, sellers/vendors, and Creators alike
• Think big to uncover new business and monetization opportunities that help increase compensation for Creators, by introducing monetization mechanisms against key creator growth workstreams, such as events
• Lead and drive alignment of the go-to-market strategy for new initiatives, guiding the development of internal and external materials and messaging, educational content strategy for creators, and product documentation, where required
• Develop mechanisms to collaborate closely and continuously with other teams across Amazon, including Ads, Retail, Live, VSE, who seek to introduce new ways for creators to earn
• Drive and deliver best practice documents and process improvement documents to facilitate continued evolution of key monetization workstreams, with an eye toward automation, speed and efficiency
• Generate interest from both brands and creators to participate in beta testing of new strategies and initiatives
• Manage complex working groups spanning engineering, product and business organizations
• Provide insightful recommendations in a data-driven, collaborative, and thoughtful manner to senior leadership
• 7+ years of product marketing, program management or related business experience
• 5+ years of experience creating go-to-market strategies and customer facing marketing collateral
• Experience leading cross-functional projects on tight deadlines
• Ability to establish mechanisms to manage business initiatives and align them to a set of key metrics and goals
• Bachelor’s Degree
• High judgment and negotiation skills with demonstrated ability to influence
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, creating a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Thrives in an ambiguous environment; can independently remove blockers and make decisions autonomously
• Analytical talents
• 5+ years of integrated/digital marketing, marketing strategy, digital strategy and operations, digital consulting, or business development experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven track record of translating data and insights compelling materials that articulate the value proposition
• Digital commerce experience
• Passion for social commerce, creator economy, and relentless curiosity for “what’s next”
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.