Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This role can be based Virtually in the United States or in one of our approved office locations in Seattle, Austin, Chicago, New York, Tempe, Nashville, or Santa Monica.
The Strategic Account Services (SAS) organization is seeking a Senior Customer Success Manager to shape the future of the program. The Senior Customer Success Manager drives business growth for some of the most influential Sellers on the Amazon Store, ensuring Seller satisfaction by delivering an optimal level of service through strategic insights and relentlessly high operational standards. In this role, you will own building and executing strategic joint business plans with your Sellers; collaborating with them to explore innovative ways to identify and execute new selection, merchandising, traffic and conversion drivers, and operational improvement opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess strong client management skills with the keen ability to work backwards with Sellers to identify and prioritize the right inputs and outputs to deliver value and growth. They will be able to manage multiple workflows in a fast-paced work environment and actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives to multiply impact beyond their portfolios. Above all, they should demonstrate a high level of ownership and the ability to embrace and navigate ambiguity and complexity. They are agile, inventive, and an advocate for their Sellers experience on the Amazon Store. If you are interested in growing Amazon’s leading brands, then we’re interested in you.
Key job responsibilities
Customer Success Managers are responsible for driving Seller business growth by providing customized insights and recommendations, educating regarding relevant tools, products, and services, and delivering a positive experience with our program. The key responsibilities of a Senior Customer Success Manager include but are not limited to:
• Identify, action and/or provide advice on how to improve business input metrics that drive growth and improve end customer experience. Identify what is hindering growth, develop solutions, and test before scaling to benefit to impacted Sellers.
• Analyze data and trends to identify, action and/or influence long term to maximize potential for your assigned portfolio of Sellers.
• Act as a strategic and influential partner for your Sellers. Proactively seek out new opportunities for customers and Sellers. Create tailored solutions and recommendations, where out of the box thinking is necessary. Present compelling value propositions using a strategic and consultative approach.
• Lead business strategy development and design long term account plans, collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams and your Sellers finding joint areas of opportunity to drive customer success with Amazon.
• Possess the ability to manage and deliver against complex account goals where strategy is not defined. Able to make tradeoffs between short term customer needs and longer-term strategic investment.
• Implement and track metrics to record the success and quality of your portfolio of Sellers. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
Seller Relationship Management
• Build effective working relationships with your Sellers; be a trusted advisor and a business advocate.
• Deliver timely, accurate and professional operational support to all Sellers in your portfolio within a specified SLA.
• Drive optimal program and Customer Success Manager satisfaction.
• Liaise with other partner teams and coordinate cross-functionally to resolve Seller issues and questions quickly with high quality.
• Play a “consultant” role with oversight of key strategic activities that are underway for the Seller, following up, escalating, and clearing blockers as appropriate across multiple organizations. Advocate as the voice of the customer internally, using data and anecdotes to drive prioritization, to deliver value across a larger customer set.
• Educate Sellers on how to drive incremental growth on Amazon through frequent education on tools, policies, products and programs. Maintain in-depth knowledge in these areas to keep Sellers informed of new opportunities and tie recommendations to their specific goals and value proposition.
Program Process Excellence
• Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of Sellers in an ever-changing business environment.
• Improve team efficiency and optimize previously defined processes. Manage initiatives, deliver critical solutions, improvements, and mechanisms by working independently across teams.
• Assist with the definition and design of tools, standard operating procedures and processes of Seller Services.
• Identify, quantify, and define feature enhancements and new products to improve Amazon product based on customer feedback, data analysis, and feature gaps with competitive products.
• Aggregate themes and data to advocate to function as Voice of the Seller with owning teams to address opportunities at root cause level, keeping their relative experience at the forefront of decision making and design.
• Own project status communication. Consistently impart clear and concise summaries for the projects you own to your leadership/management team and are effective at answering questions in detail.
• Experience: 6+ years professional experience in Buying, Merchandising, Planning and/or relevant experience within Customer Success, Account Management, Management Consulting and/or relevant experience in negotiating, nurturing, and growing customer relationships.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Goal Attainment: Demonstrated success identifying business opportunities for clients and increasing adoption and utilization of company products.
• Relationship Development Proven track record of building and cultivating relationships with internal and external stakeholders driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through.
• Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Data Analysis: Analytical problem-solving ability. Uses data analysis, reporting, and forecasting to guide business decisions.
• Planning: Track record of developing business plans with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities across teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Self-Starter: Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm.
• Experience in E-Commerce, Corporate Retail, Consulting and/or B2B.
• Superior communication and presentation skills.
• Effective territory/account management. Strategy development with multi-phase execution and delivery: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, and negotiation.
• Understanding of retail math and formulas for the purpose of making business decisions.
• Experience using analytical, account management, and productivity tools including Oracle Business Intelligence, CRM tools like SalesForce, Tableau, and Microsoft Office Suites.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.