Qlik provides an end-to-end, real-time data integration and analytics cloud platform to close the gaps between data, insights, and action.
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 12 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 38,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The MyQlik team is looking for an architect to join the Cloud Native Platform to deliver an awesome SaaS self-service experience that delights our customers in terms of identity and account management.
Innovation is part of the job! As a technical leader, you will encourage innovation and hack every quarter with the team. You will mentor the team to use the latest 3rd party cloud services, platforms, open source components, and industry-standard protocols. Your playing field will include Customer Identity, Authorization, Billing, and CMR integration to name a few.
Our team has expertise with Identity Management, CMR, Billing, cloud micro-service development, containerization, and developing public-facing APIs. Everyone is expected to understand the full system, help develop it and make sure it runs smoothly in production.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Providing architectural responsibility for Qlik’s Customer Identity and Access Management strategy using Identity-as-a-Service (IaaS) platforms.
- Providing architectural responsibility for Qlik’s digital commerce strategy including its self-service purchasing portal using 3rd party Billing platforms.
- Providing architectural responsibility for Qlik’s sales. integration using CRM platforms.
- Mediating technical discussions between the products team and the rest of the organization in relation to business systems integration.
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring and coaching of developers on the team. Contributing to the code base when required.
- Coordinating with architects in other areas to ensure alignment on best practices and approaches.
- Documenting design patterns and architectural decisions, making technical decisions and approving designs for features.
- Providing regular participation in architectural leadership councils and discussions.
- Being open-minded but pragmatic assessment of new technologies as possible solutions to new business problems.
- Delivering innovative, industry-changing, cloud-based solutions that are scalable to meet requirements for Large Enterprise software.
- 10+ years’ experience as a senior software developer or architect with a solid track record of architecting, designing and delivering products.
- 5+ years in the fields of self-service customer management, including, but not limited to Customer Identity, Account Management, and Digital Commerce.
- 2+ years with Identity-As-A-Service systems such as Auth0, Okta, OneLogin, Ping Identity, or similar.
- Full stack experience including technologies such as node.js, GO, HTML, JS, React etc. as well as SQL and noSQL databases.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Azure, OpenShift , Docker and Kubernetes (including hosted Kubernetes services such as EKS, AKS and GKS).
- Experience delivering microservices in a SaaS continuous delivery environment.
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable and performant microservice software patterns for cloud services.
- Knowledge or experience building services making use of modern authentication techniques such as OAuth2 and OpenID Connect.
- Experience driving analysis, design, and implementation of public APIs, especially REST-based, and application components.
- Passion for quality and customer success.
- Independent learner who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with strong. communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working within cross-functional team.
- Experience working with and leading geographically distributed teams.
- A big-picture perspective with a passion for success and willingness to dive into the details necessary to achieve it.
- An understanding and appreciation of the purpose and the practices of devops and agile; accompanied with the skills to deliver reliably and effectively on a sprint cadence.
The role is located in Ottawa, Canada.
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
- Check out our company page on Linkedin! &
- Follow us on Instagram @lifeatqlik and on Twitter @Qlik
- Check us out on Youtube!
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.