Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration software. With products like JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket, Atlassian helps all sorts of teams to plan, code, and track projects with ease.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from France, Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
More about You
Are you passionate about engaging with Enterprise customers and have experience with software retention? Do you enjoy working in smaller teams, while also being part of a company that’s experiencing outstanding growth? Our mission is to maximise revenue retention with a keen eye toward strategic migration and expansion efforts while providing a flawless customer experience that ensures continued health and loyalty. If this sounds exciting, then read on!
Account Managers – Internally called as Loyalty Advocates – educate our customers on the benefits of Atlassian software. We affect customer retention through proactive, strategic outreach to our largest 10% of customers. We have a discovery mentality and actively look for ways to promote growth and expansion within our customer base. Our team drives renewal and expansion transactions across Atlassian’s suite of solutions through proactively engaging high-value renewals, uncovering expansion and migration opportunities, and overcoming objections. Each teammate collaborates with our Enterprise Advocates team to support account planning and quoting activities, as well as with channel partners on account strategy and deals. You’ll be first to understand why some customers stay and some customers churn and you’ll be responsible for sharing such insight with the company.
On your first day, we will expect you to have:
- Experience in account management, software renewals, customer success, or other relevant business areas.
- A proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance goals.
- A pioneering spirit, a self-starter drive, an artist’s passion for creativity.
- A tenacious discovery skillset to uncover expansion and upgrade opportunities and identify reasons for churn.
- Experience negotiating and influencing – the ability to reach an agreement and drive outcomes, affecting the action, behaviours, or opinions of others.
- Relationship management skills – the ability to cultivate business relationships, partnerships, and alliances internally, externally, and virtually.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize – the adaptability to constantly evolving events while accurately judging priorities and keeping track of details.
- Experience selling or renewing in the SaaS industry.
- Experience discovering up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Experience with CRM software and video conferencing.
It would be great, but not required, if you have:
- Maximised upgrade and expansion rates; maximised customer retention rates and minimised churn through effective sales techniques over the phone, video, and email.
- Maintained a deep understanding of product updates and new offerings and articulated those improvements to customers and solution partners.
- Maintained a consistently healthy pipeline by logging sales and renewal activities, customer data, and customers’ status within internal systems ( Salesforce.com ).
- Looked after customer relationships throughout the renewal lifecycle.
- Increased customer awareness of Atlassian’s product portfolio to identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities during the renewals cycle.
More about the team
The Loyalty Advocacy team is passionate about improving our customer experience. We drive the retention and expansion of existing revenue and migrations to our platform offerings, all while providing legendary service. The team is comprised of hard-working, passionate, and fun-loving individuals who specialise in Atlassian’s full suite of products and services. We have shared team performance metrics and goals to encourage collaboration and partnership, but above all, we believe in the Atlassian values and want to use them as our compass in constantly refining and optimizing our non-traditional sales model.
The Trello Loyalty Advocacy team is a newly formed carve-out of the broader Loyalty organization. The team drives Trello retention, upgrades, and expansion across all geographies. We enjoy the specialisation required of representing one of the fastest-growing products within the Atlassian suite and all the perks of working for an elite company while doing results-oriented, entrepreneurial work.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .