Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration software. With products like JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket, Atlassian helps all sorts of teams to plan, code, and track projects with ease.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
The Head of U.S. Public Sector Channel Manager’s primary responsibility is to focus the regional channel team on extending Atlassian’s business model through the recruitment and development of a portfolio of consulting, services, and reseller partners in the Federal and State and Local Government segments. You will be responsible for leading the team in growing and shaping partners to build Atlassian mind and market share in the Public Sector Market. This position reports to the Head of Americas Channels.
We are looking for a leader who understands the channel business, and also understands how to lead, mentor, and coach a growing team of Channel Managers and Channel Specialists with a government focus. Recruiting and enabling partners is an important part of the team’s responsibilities, as is the ability to drive sales and marketing activities with partners to generate demand and additive revenue through the channel. They are actively engaged in aligning the regional team with the Atlassian sales and marketing teams to meet the shared objectives and key results for the region.
- Manage a team of Channel Managers and Channel Specialists to deliver the Atlassian Channel business charter – to grow the customer community, to service and support our customers, and be Atlassian’s megaphone of their sub-region.
- Responsibility of the US Government Go To Market strategy including partner recruitment, partner development focus, MDF, Partner enablement, balancing the regional needs with Atlassian’s global strategy
- Have a solid understanding of Atlassian products and their positioning, and can present/speak at local partner and community events
- Drive the channel business in coordination with Atlassian’s Enterprise Account teams to align on a unified go-to-market approach of Atlassian utilizing Solution Partners
More about you:
- You have 10+ years of experience in the enterprise software industry, and have successfully built and managed channel businesses in channel programs and / or channel marketing
- You are a highly motivated, analytically driven leader and enjoy building, motivating and coaching a team
- You deeply understand and have experience in the Federal Government, State and Local Governments and FedRamp compliance
- You like to challenge the go-to-market approaches of legacy vendors and want to rewrite the book on how business can be done in the US Government sector
- Have proven experience managing all types of partners: Resellers, Regional SI’s, Services Partners, aggregators, etc.
- “Recruit, Enable and Sell” is your motto, and partners actually enjoy doing business plans with you and your teams
On your first day, we’ll expect you to:
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and drive vision across organizations.
- Set the strategy for channel field in the US Government to support Atlassian’s business objectives. Foster collaboration between teams to deliver integrated go to market campaigns and initiatives needed to achieve results.
- Be highly organized, analytical, data driven, and experienced at creating business plans to justify program decisions.
- Understand the financial impact our channel programs have on our channel partners.
- Establish standards for measuring partner experience, engagement, and satisfaction as measures of commitment to Atlassian.
- Have a playbook of channel programs and initiatives, but you are also open to creating new plays to be successful in Atlassian’s unique business model.
- Deliver dashboards, reports and charts to communicate and inform your team on progress and initiatives.
More about the team:
The US Government Channel Team is a group of experienced professionals that are instrumental in further accelerating one of highest growth markets for Atlassian. They are all based in region. You will work closely with the partner program, enablement, and field marketing teams, to develop and deliver programs that suit the needs of our local partners, as well as represent Atlassian in the field. The Channels team is part of the broader sales team, which has a very unique approach to selling.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .