Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration software. With products like JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket, Atlassian helps all sorts of teams to plan, code, and track projects with ease.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Channel Acceleration (Americas) who knows the inner workings of a channel organization through sales, marketing, enablement, and operations. Atlassian is at a pivotal moment in our trajectory. We see the potential to grow into a $10bn + software industry leader and this is supported with an entire ecosystem of Channel Partners. We drive decisions through our values, take an agile approach to long-term strategy, and see everything we do through the lens of realizing our mission to unleash the potential of every team.
Our mantra is; happy customers convert to paying customers, creating a prolific “Flywheel” that has delivered 200,000+ customers to date. The Channel Acceleration Manager will work closely with the Atlassian Channel leadership team to lead the definition, development, and ongoing improvement of our channel sales model and build a comprehensive approach to engaging with our partners to accelerate our growth trajectory through the motions of our partner-facing functions.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Assist the Head of Americas Channels into planning and executing the vision of the field channel
- Manage and develop a growth plan for each territory working with Channel Field Management and Channel Managers
- Play a critical role in aligning the strategy, capabilities, and operational rigor for our high growth channel field team
- Partner closely with Channel leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth and improve existing partner planning and communications
- Monitor, measure, and assess how critical initiatives and investments are moving the numbers and delivering results for the company
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team, including Product, Marketing, Sales, Analytics, Finance, and other teams
- Manage a team of Channel Specialists who bring the next wave of Solution Partners that are aligned with Atlassian objectives
- Plan Channel Specialists OKR’s and growth targets
- Monitors and influences new partners success
- Manages workloads of Channel Specialists new partner pipelines with predictable “partner graduation” goals
On the first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 7 + years of Sales and Marketing experience in the Channel
- Experience coordinating Channel sales, marketing, and enablement functions, ideally in a fast-growing, enterprise technology company
- Strong leadership and communication skills written and verbal — to work with various geographies and functions; proficient with business and operational discussions
- Strong analytical skills – ability to analyze data, derive key insights, diagnose business issues, and craft strategic projects
- Strong organization capabilities
More about the team:
This position reports to the Head of Americas Channels and works closely with Operations, Sales and Americas Channel leaders and Channel Specialists. The channel team is tasked with recruitment, enablement and go-to-market with partners representing Americas, EMEA and APAC. Not to mention, you will be working with over 700 global channel partners and ensuring that our program supports their businesses. The Global Channels team is part of the broader sales team, which has a very unique approach to selling. Most of our sales are done via credit card over the web – customers don’t have to speak with anyone if they do not want to. Everything is transparent including pricing and access to product. We do have teams that speak directly with customers, but we do not negotiate price nor contracts as we believe we provide the best product and the very best price. We are highly focused on customer satisfaction and success.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .