UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the US.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
We don’t just aspire to help people live healthier lives; we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Financial Consultant, you’ll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That’s a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way. This role supports financial planning, forecasting & analysis and will have regular interaction with executives and various business units. It involves high visibility with business leaders, and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you are located in Ontorio, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute as you take on some tough challenges.
- Supports financial planning, forecasting, budgeting, contracting & analysis
- Collaborate with various levels of management to produce quarterly forecast that supports short and long term financial planning.
- Provide financial support and commentary for month end variance analysis for management review.
- Understand complex business unit roll-ups, consolidations and eliminations
- Prepare financial reports and analysis used during month-end close
- Prepare internal monthly reporting packages for assigned business units, including Trended Income Statement, Revenue Analysis, G&A Analysis, and Key Performance Indicators, etc.
- Maintain report design and proactively identify and make changes as needed
- Update and modify as needed complex financial models and analytical tools
- Handle ad-hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues, providing explanations and interpretations
- Perform work in a self-directed manner and work with less structured, more complex issues
- Act as a resource to others
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 3+ years of relevant experience in positions that require Financial Planning and Analysis
- 3+ years of experience with Financial Statements and Financial Analysis concepts
- 3+ years of experience with using Financial Planning software (Anaplan is preferred)
- 3+ years of experience creating Ad-hoc Reports
- Exceptional analytical skills; financial models are efficient, scalable, and intuitive
- Demonstrated financial and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis highly preferred
- Advanced proficiency using MS Excel to include Macros, V-lookups, SumIFs, Pivot Tables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Experience working with Healthcare financial
- Advanced proficient in using SQL
- Excellent understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and financial statements
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment; multi-tasking skills are crucial
- Being self-motivated and resourceful; being able to take initiative
- Proven analytical ability and attention to detail
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we’re doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we’re building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we’re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Financial Consultant, Consulting, Finance, Financial, Consultant, Ontorio, California, CA, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote