UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
This role will be responsible for supporting health and wellness initiatives meant to give the employees the tools to make lifestyle changes, and to provide a wealth of health care resources. When employees need advice on healthy habits, chronic condition management, and treatment, the onsite Health Care Advisor will help employees in developing a personalized plan. This role will also be responsible for medical, stress, nutrition management and exercise planning along with face to face clinical support to consumers across a wide array of health topics and conditions. This role includes knowledge of the health plan benefit design with assisting employees achieve their goals on the most cost effective plan. This role will also support employees enrolled in the Medical Weight Loss program.
This role will also include hosting and executing onsite and virtual events and activities that encourage healthy living. To encourage employee participation, this role will work closely with site leadership, site wellness champions, and employee councils to plan and rollout company-wide and site-specific initiatives. This role is responsible for being a highly visible, and a personal face of the Well.
Employee initiatives are a highly visible and strategic innovation initiative. With any innovation you can expect an environment that will continue to evolve on a regular and consistent basis. The desired candidate will have an interest in helping define new health and wellness processes and be flexible in supporting change initiatives.
- The onsite Health Care Advisor motivates and engages employees in ways that result in positive health outcomes for the worksite population. The Health Care Advisor is a visible health and wellness role model at the site identifying and prioritizing risks and opportunities and connecting leaders and employees with high-value well-being resources. The Health Care Advisor helps employees navigate the healthcare system by helping employees: resolve claims and benefits questions, identify quality providers and schedule appointments, identify lower cost, high quality treatment options and deliver or coordinate evidence based chronic condition management and treatment. The Health Care Advisor will offer on-site well-being services including, biometric screenings, health education coaching, smoking cessation, nutrition management, fitness planning and more in addition to virtual support of MWL services.
- Serve as employee advocate, going above and beyond to provide expert, proactive services such as:
- Personalized information on best place of service for needed care
- Recommendations for Primary Care Physicians and Specialists
- Recommendations for high quality, best cost, evidence based treatment options
- Education to help simplify and navigate the healthcare system
- Answers to benefits questions and assistance in claims issues resolution
- Resource for all UHG and community well-being resources
- Outreach to community primary and specialty groups
- Serve as clinician providing the following on-site services:
- Biometric screenings
- Blood Pressure Screenings
- Nutrition management, fitness planning, well-being guidance and coaching
- Condition and case management
- Serve as clinician providing the following virtual services:
- MWL specific Nutrition management, fitness planning, well-being guidance and coaching
- Lead virtual group MWL support and educational classes
- Deliver Population Health strategic planning and outreach
- Evaluate population health metrics of the site and provide a quarterly action plan including employee outreach, worksite programs and events that target improvement in population health
- Outreach activities including welcome calls for new participants and check in calls for higher risk individuals
- Provide ideas and feedback on marketing materials for better engagement
- Well-being Champion
- Contagious positive attitude that inspires others and models health and wellness
- Visible resource actively participating in worksite events and part of worksite fabric
- Resource for healthy culture/environment in collaboration with leadership, café vendor, real estate services and site well champ
- Establishes report and trust with employees and leadership
- Coordinates well-being related communications and marketing at the site (posters, desk drops, etc.)
- Works closely with well champ and/or wellness committee and engagement committees
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, Registered Dietitian and licensed or license eligible in the state of MN
- CPR certification required, can obtain upon hire
- 3+ years clinical experience in a hospital or community setting
- Experience in a Wellness and/or Disease Management role
- Ability and experience leading group classes
- Proficient with a variety of computer based clinical care tools/EMR
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Power Point
- Ability to deliver health education and programming to motivate and engage
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Health and Wellness Coaching certification
- Obesity Specialist training or certification
- Position Requirements:
- Location: Eden Prairie, MN
- General day-time Monday-Friday (Specific days/hours to be determined)
- Hours may change on demand
- Self-directed, self-managed
- Solid oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication that is clear, well-organized and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.