UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
We don’t just aspire to help people live healthier lives, we have the know-how to help make it a reality for millions. As a Senior Financial Analyst, you’ll work with an elite team of accounting and finance professionals who are writing the history of our organization and guiding our success as a global industry leader. That’s a lot of responsibility, but you will have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader behind you every step of the way. This position supports business functions for the growing OptumRx Specialty business. Specifically, this role supports financial analytics of claim data, contract pricing engagement, financial budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop, perform and manage the analyses of business and financial metrics as well as performance measures
- Supports business leaders with analytical analysis to help drive decision making
- Financial forecasting and Reporting.
- Develop and maintain financial reports to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to plan, forecast and budget
- Develop, perform and manage all aspects of financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve profitability and cost efficiencies
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or related field or related work experience
- 4+ years of progressive financial experience
- Intermediate level of MS Excel experience (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups)
- Experience driving business performance in a high growth and fast paced environment
- Experience anticipating issues, assessing their implications, developing a plan, and executing on that plan
- Experience with writing macros in Excel
- Experience partnering with key business leaders, clients to support business growth, and key Initiatives
- Experience working collaboratively and influencing across a matrix environment to drive revenue enhancement and expense management initiatives
- Experience with Financial Modeling process improvements
- Intermediate level of Tableau experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Presenting key findings and reports to leadership
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.