Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides developers and their organizations with web services and products that enable them to innovate faster and to operate their software more cost-effectively. AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables customers to control access and permissions to their AWS services and resources. AWS customers manage permissions for their users and applications, use identity federation to manage access to an AWS account, and analyze access to resources and service and help meet their security requirements. IAM user experience team’s mission is to create extraordinary web-based experiences that empower experienced developers to have fine-grained control over their environments while being simple enough for less-technical users to ensure they are protecting their data and systems utilizing best-practices.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
If you have a passion for architecting and building web applications, are interested in upcoming web standards, and care about making it easier to secure data and applications of all different sizes and types, we’d love to talk to you!
Position location is flexible (virtual), wherever AWS has a presence in the United States. Preferred locations: NYC, Boston, Arlington, Seattle, Dallas. Occasional travel to Seattle for team meetings is also available.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
- Web applications design and development experience
- 5+ years of experience in a senior software or web development role
- Experience developing with MVC/MVM frameworks (e.g. React.JS, AngularJS, Vue)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Informatics or equivalent experience
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
- Experience driving software projects, including design, implementation, and deployment.
- Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
- Able to dive into the source code of front end libraries to debug, patch, and extend them when necessary
- Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
- Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
- Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
- Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
- Understands the implications of introducing dependencies.
- Understands how to be efficient with resource usage (e.g., application impact on memory and CPU, caches appropriately, respectful of customer’s devices, etc.).
- Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience.
- Familiarity with security technology and concepts (Authentication, Authorization, Single sign-on, Cryptography, etc.)
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $168,070 -$227,389/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.