Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Are you passionate about the Cloud? Are you looking to help define a new architectural pattern to solve for the complexity of high-volume, high-scale, high-velocity microservices architecture? Then this role is for you. The Discovery & Networking team is looking for a Sr. Technical Product Manager to play a critical role in building Amazon’s next-gen cloud networking fabric that will help drive innovation at Amazon.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across the entire company. Specifically, wou will work directly with senior leaders from Amazon engineering and business teams, like Alexa, Prime Video, Kindle, and more. We are looking for a Principal Technical Program Manager, ready to take on challenges at leading a marquee program that drive new architectures, scale, performance, availability and resiliency for Amazon Traffic Engineering.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Collaborate across organizations (Engineering, Amazon business teams, Operations, Finance) and be the linchpin for successful delivery of technologies
• Create program/project plans, secure commitments, identify risks and mitigations.
• Report on program and project progress and status consistently and in a transparent way
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
• Establish all operational metrics and support for the programs
• Work across multiple resources and orchestrate multiple activities at once to get things done
• Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to VP and Director-level leadership
• You may be asked to directly lead the design, implementation and delivery of a highly complex cross-functional project in an ambiguous or new technology area.
• You consistently bring strong, data-driven business and technical judgment to decisions.
• You have deep knowledge of the core system technologies and/or broad understanding of company systems/technologies (relevant to your program/product domain).
• You apply this knowledge to invent, evolve, improve, and simplify technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- 7+ years of technical program management experience
- Proven stakeholder management and alignment skills.
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle from conception to delivery.
- Clear, concise, accurate communication (both verbal and written with audiences of varying technical abilities and business contexts).
- A strong data-driven mentality and prioritization framework, to ensure focus on the highest impact work.
- Able to dive deeply into both technical details and business needs.
- Experience working with engineering teams to deliver products.
- Experience in leading architecture, system design and technical direction of large scale systems.
- Understanding of networking protocols, infrastructure orchestration and cloud automation.
- Experience with building distributed control plane that integrates with other systems.
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively with customers and cross-functional software development teams.