Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AWS is seeking a Security Assurance Principal who will own strategic engagements with regulators and regulated customers on the issue of data protection and privacy in Europe. The position is based in Germany, but will require regular travel to other countries in Europe, especially countries in the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden).
If you have a deep understanding of security, privacy and resilience and you are passionate about building and sustaining trust with our customers, then this role is for you.
You will think big, having accountability for data protection and privacy engagements in Europe, but you will sustain a bias for action and attention to detail that drives continuous rapid improvement. You will have a desire to learn and understand the complexities of legal, regulatory and compliance requirements across all sectors of your region. And you’ll translate that understanding to teams in engineering, operations, audit, policy, legal and sales.
You’ll recognise that success and value in security is measured by the pace of innovation, and the safe management of risk. You’ll aspire to change the experience of security assurance to be more valuable and frictionless for all of our customers.
You will be comfortable supporting engagement with regulator and customer auditors, architects, security officers, lawyers and policy-makers. You will be proficient in understanding the diverse needs of regulators and government assurance agencies. You’ll put the customer first, working at the centre of an extended team of specialists, program managers and engineers who are together working to earn and sustain the trust of our customers.
You will have a good understanding of cloud technologies, experience in security assurance and demonstrated success in driving innovative strategies to overcome obstacles.
If you are ready to bring all your experience, energy and talent to transform how security assurance in the cloud is experienced for our customers in the region, then we’d like to hear from you.
This position will be responsible for:
- Liaising with strategic regulators, customers and partners across public and commercial sectors on their perception and requirements for privacy assurance;
- Guiding the requirements for new programs, features, evidence and operational changes to meet evolving requirements in regulated sectors;
- Innovating to develop mechanisms that continuously improve the customer experience of security assurance;
- Performing impact and market assessments of emerging compliance programs;
- Tracking and reporting on changes to security controls and requirements standards across the region; and
- Partnering with policy, legal, marketing and sales, contributing to initiatives that build the perception of trust in AWS.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Cybersecurity, Technology Policy, or other related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in work related to security assurance, such as cybersecurity, audit or security architecture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong program design and management skills
- Experience working on governance, risk and compliance programs that involve direct engagement with regulators
- Experience working with or consulting on cloud migrations with a security risk assessment or architectural focus
- Experience working with sensitive or classified systems of government.
- Demonstrated understanding of privacy, security and resilience requirements across regulated sectors of government, financial services and national critical infrastructure
- CIPP/E or CIPM certification
- To enable engagement of regulators, fluency in one or more of the following languages is strongly preferred: Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, or Danish
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.