VMware Carbon Black
VMware Carbon Black provides transformative solutions that create a world safe from cyberattacks.
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The world is changing fast! Corporations, governments, schools, hospitals are all feeling immense pressure to offer work from anywhere or buy from anywhere technology. They are in desperate need for an IT infrastructure that lets employees and customers access applications from any device, anywhere, on any cloud, all while being secure. VMware provides the solution. You won’t find another company that offers the breath of innovative technology designed for an unpredictable world. Therefore, you will love selling for one of the most highly regarded brands in the IT and Cloud Services industry. Our 350,000 enterprise and business customers (which includes 98% of Fortune 500) rely on VMware to make their digital transformation possible.
As the Client Executive your primary focus is aimed at closing larger strategic business while maintaining sustained transactional sales growth. Collaborating with the entire partner ecosystem to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions is critical. Without you and the work of your partners, the money doesn’t flow in!
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- The primary objective of this position is to sell Enterprise Software to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. You will be accountable for quarterly booking targets for selling VMware products (perpetual and SaaS) across compute, network, storage, security, datacenter management, application modernization, and cloud services, along with packaged services, and educational offerings.
- You will need to orchestrate territory coverage through effective collaboration, leadership, and coaching of internal team/specialists and external partners on how to position and close VMware opportunities. You will work closely with top Partner Executives/Sellers across the U.S. including leading VARs, Distributors, Corporate Resellers, OEMs, and Cloud/Hosting Partners.
- You will be expected to support Partners in negotiating large deals with deeply complex terms, conditions, prices pressures and considerations. This will require you to be capable of accurately assessing general contract terms, customer requirements, and product capabilities to ensure VMware is chosen as the preferred vendor.
- 12 years of Federal Government IT sales experience required, including existing government and industry relationships.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Travel 30-50% of the time meeting with and presenting to current and prospective customers and for internal and customer events/meetings.
- Increase customer spending through ‘Whitespace’ and ‘Wallet share’ selling motions in assigned geographies.
- Support and provide guidance to both field and partner marketing events
- Coordination within an internal set of multi-functional teams such as Systems Engineers, Product Specialists, Inside Reps, Field Marketing, Professional Services, and Channel Management and external partners as described previously.
- Accurately forecast license bookings, specific products revenue, PSO bookings and new accounts on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis via Salesforce.com
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The manager has over 15 years’ experience in Federal IT with a decade supporting Federal Healthcare specifically. Her style is very collaborative and inclusive, with a focus on customers first. She brings experience from both the systems integrator and software sales domain and has led teams across start-ups and Fortune 500 companies.
Where is this role located?
This opportunity is based out of the DC area with the potential to by fully remote for the right candidate.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing group classes
“This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements”
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.