- Endpoint Security Engineer - Springfield, VA
- Senior Endpoint Security Engineer - Springfield, VA
- Endpoint Security Engineer, Government Clearance Required - Sterling, VA
VMware Carbon Black
VMware Carbon Black provides transformative solutions that create a world safe from cyberattacks.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The world is changing fast! Corporations, governments, schools, hospitals are all feeling immense pressure to offer work from anywhere or buy from anywhere technology. They are in desperate need for an IT infrastructure that lets employees and customers access applications from any device, anywhere, on any cloud, all while being secure. VMware provides the solution. You won’t find another company that offers the breath of innovative technology designed for an unpredictable world. This is why you will love being a part of one of the most highly regarded brands in the IT and Cloud Services industry. Our 350,000 enterprise and business customers (which includes 98% of Fortune 500) rely on VMware to make their digital transformation possible.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Supporting business development, customer-side delivery, benefit realization, staff development and team management.
- Accountability for assisting customers to realize the value of adopting and consuming VMware solutions.
- Shape and led transformational programs for the customer and VMware focused on defined business outcomes.
- Trusted advisor, customer advocate, and critical contact to senior level of customer and VMware leadership.
- Proven leadership with strong customer relationship, consulting, and program management skills.
- Assist customer executive sponsor to define the expected business outcomes from VMware’s software and services solutions.
- Identify and develop new opportunities to extend the program where VMW can add customer value.
- Achieve organisational success metrics (e.g. CSAT, Revenue, Margin) – Customer and VMW.
- Successful Stakeholder management – escalation management / avoidance.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Works with VMware extended account team, professional services sales and customer teams to shape and agree the programs and deliverables necessary to deliver or build towards achievement of the Transformation and/or Program Objectives.
- Exude gravitas and provide Executive presence, alignment, leadership, communications, working directly with C-Level client sponsor and VMW leadership.
- Internal VMware executive-level communication, governance and escalation.
- Strong Team player mindset with strong matrix pursuit team experience.
- Active member of the account leadership and governance team.
- Accountable for a portfolio of services business ensuring the successful delivery of defined outcomes/benefits with high customer satisfaction.
- Lead and drive escalations and communications, collaborating with internal VMware teams to provide resolution.
- Post-sales program ownership, monitoring, governance & reporting
- Own the Program/Portfolio level Risk & Issue identification together with the associated mitigation & management strategies.
- Joint accountability with Enterprise Sales and Professional Services for customer satisfaction.
- Orchestrate internal VMware teams to increase visibility, collaboration, and alignment with customer needs.
- Lead programme delivery changes and support professional services sales team to implement contractual changes if needed.
- Work with professional services sales team to ensure statements of work are in line with customers business objectives.
- Work in partnership with the professional services sales team to direct the ongoing opportunity pipeline and to ensure VMware solutions and proposals are aligned with the transformation objectives of the customer.
- Proactively develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the customer.
- Creating and managing long-term goals for customer programs.
- Provide input and review of SoWs
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The manager for this position is Craig Brown. Craig has over 20 years’ experience running professional services projects and teams. He has strong project management background in and believes that collaboration and setting expectations is the key to building a strong team. Craig currently manages six Program Directors throughout the Asia, Pacific & Japan (APJ) geo.
Where is this role located?
Various: There are currently vacant positions in Australia, Japan and Singapore.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behaviour challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing group classes
Highly desirable candidate characteristics:
- Experienced in providing leadership during both Pre and Post-Sales in complex customer environments.
- Focussed on ‘value creation’ through enabling change for customers
- Able to identify, develop and help close opportunities ($5M+) to commence and/or extend customer programs.
- Being able to demonstrate, as a key aspect of leading change, stakeholder management through:
- Successful assist in the sale of large IT programmes
- Successful delivery of complex programmes
- use of appropriate Governance methodologies/techniques during both sales and delivery.
- the appropriate use communication channels
- management of delivery quality assurance
- Held a senior leadership role with experience of working with C-Level executives. Ability to challenge though coaching, tailoring and steering to positive outcomes various situations.
- Demonstrated leadership and SME / vertical expertise (10+years) working with one (or more) of the following:
- Large national or multinational’s
- National FMCG
- Banking & Finance
- Government and/or Defence institutions
- Strong business acumen, IT knowledge
- Problem solver, self-starter with customer success focus
Highly desirable candidate experience:
- Demonstrated track record in achieving sales targets in complex customers.
- Excellent communication skills with VMW and customer stakeholders and at all levels of management.
- Demonstrated Consulting and Transformation experience driving change within the IT Industry and cloud / infrastructure domains
- Experience in large Portfolio and Program management, including the successful delivery of global change programs in complex customer environments
- Proven record of driving issues to resolution with great customer satisfaction
- Ability to manage multiple programs and deadlines simultaneously, ideally across countries, cultures and time zones
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills working at C-Level
- Willing to be a hands-on contributor and a proactive team player
- Great presentation skills and convincing communicator
- Experience within a senior consulting role influencing and advising customers
- Business Management and P&L Management experience
- Demonstrated personal contacts network in vertical specialisation
- Experience in change management, decision making, planning, and process improvement/business transformation.
- Industry Certifications
- 10+ years of Senior Management experience selling and/or delivering significant change/transformation
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Computer Science or similar related field.
- Masters of Business or similar advanced degree qualification preferred
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.