As a world leader in premium spirits, Beam Suntory inspires human connections.
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world’s third largest leading premium spirits company … where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets – our premium spirits and our people – we’re driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Off-Premise Channel Manager – S.CA
The following position is open in California, United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
- Responsible to oversee key geographically area of Southern California Off Premise market which entails close partnership with the dedicated distributor, marketing and sales teams
- Work in a dynamic fast-paced environment where you can impact results and see your ideas (POS, programming, execution) come to life.
- Working for the third largest spirits company in the World with a broad portfolio of brands.
- Work in one of the most important Beam-Suntory markets in the United States with exposure to national programming and opportunity to connect with multiple stakeholders both internal and external
- Opportunity to learn and grow with a company dedicated to the development of our people
Manage the distributor Off Premise sales force to expand the distribution and promotional support of Beam Suntory products to achieve the sales and profit goals of the Company. Establish appropriate distributor Off Premise targets and maintain follow-through. Assist in achieving NSV, DGP and case depletion targets.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively manage a portion of Southern California’s off-premise distributor teams and accounts to achieve increased on-premise distribution, key performance indicators, NSV, DGP, Big Bets, and On-Premise Growth goals of Beam Suntory products
- Work closely in managing quarterly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that ensure distribution, displays and shelf goals are achieved and Go Spot Check (GSC) missions are being completed in specified months/quarters. Do this by working in collaboration with the distributor to identify gaps and build corresponding solutions.
- Oversee and manage Field BI and T&E budgets associated with your specific Off Premise geographical territory
- Actively manage the presentation and execution of category plans, brand plans, promotions and new item introductions ensuring compliance with Brand Standards at all times.
- Set goals with BSI team and distributors to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual Off Premise targets.
- Develop and present new volume opportunities for all customers to include opportunities with small sizes, allocated items, new brand categories, and growing brand trends
- Participate in monthly reviews with Manager of Channel Sales, Off Premise to identify any issues/concerns that can be improved upon with future programs and to call out successful business practices that we can expand upon moving forward
- Manage and call on a designated number of key Off Premise accounts to help drive all aspects of
- our business
- Successfully launch all new products off-premise achieving volume and distributions KPI’s as set out by corporate management.
- Successfully manage the execution of Off Premise sampling events and use division or company sponsored tracking and execution recaps as provided and submit to analyst.
- Provide monthly sales training and communication, to distributor sales force in areas of brand trend awareness and sales techniques.
- Work with integrity to ensure all efforts and sales involvement is in compliance with state and federal laws.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Distributor management experience preferred
- 3 years of sales experience in the spirits industry preferred
- Thorough knowledge of distribution, promotion, pricing and selling techniques
- Sales experience, including experience selling promotion and marketing programs
- Budget management
- Ability to translate insights into structured presentations that highlight key takeaways
- Public speaking / presentation skills
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Creative Thinker and good event planner
- Self-motivation, analytical abilities, and entrepreneurial mindset
- People Management, motivational skills, and mentorship ability
- Exceptional business planning and self-management skills
- Deep knowledge of distribution, promotion, and selling techniques
- Proficient of Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess a valid driver’s license of motor vehicles
- Public speaking / presentation skill
- Knowledge of local laws and market practices
- Ability to sit for prolonged period(s) of time and view computer screen
- Ability to frequently travel within and outside the market
- Ability to travel 25% of time
- Ability to operate motor vehicle
- Ability to transfer heavy POS and alcohol cases
While performing the essential functions of this job, daily physical activities may include, but aren’t limited to:
- Lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling of up to 45 lbs.
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, stopping and typing using a computer.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- SGWS Compass, SWGS SalesNav, SGWS Diver, SGWS Proof
- Tableau, Nielsen, and IRI
- The BAR (BSI)
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles