UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Marketing Director, Institutional B2B will own responsibility for the development and execution of the business-to-business marketing strategy for the Institutional products within the Care Services Business Unit. Key activities include defining go-to-market strategy, building value propositions, developing branding strategies, and planning and executing B2B campaigns. This experienced marketing executive will be adept at target persona development, audience segmentation, content creation strategies, target modeling, journey mapping, full funnel management, media optimization, creative testing, marketing automation, CRM & data strategies, and lead management strategies. This role will develop data driven and research-based segmentation and will build and manage agency relationships to execute comprehensive media plans.
This role will be laser focused on driving accretive value for the organization. This executive will be adept at understanding how value is created in a heavily matrixed, Fortune 5 organization and will seek ways for Marketing to create, drive and demonstrate significant value.
Outstanding interpersonal skills will be a critical component of success in this role. This high-profile position will require the Marketing Director to build solid relationships with BU executives up to and including the C-level. This leader will be expected to cultivate the confidence of business leadership by working closely and effectively with the product and operations teams. The ability to quickly establish credibility, demonstrate value and build trust are a must. Additionally, this executive will have responsibility for a growing team and must be able to guide, coach and deploy employees at varying levels to individual and team success. This role reports to the Vice President of Care Services Marketing.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- B2B product marketing campaigns: proactively develop integrated marketing engagement programs that support new business development opportunities (lead generation) as well as engaging existing clients to build client loyalty (retention). Develop confidence of the business leadership by working closely with the product and sales teams
- B2B Marketing target persona development, journey mapping, messaging, positioning, and content development. Create and maintain marketing asset framework and architecture and lead the development and management of content including collateral, presentations, videos, and demos
- Measure and report key marketing performance indicators. Prepare and communicate executive-level updates with recommendations for improvement and growth
- Identify and recommend opportunities for future growth by deepening understanding of the market, competition, business goals, and portfolio value propositions
- Maintain a deep understanding of product portfolio, value-proposition, and business unit readiness for market execution
- Sales enablement and support. Develop and contribute key messages and assist in the development of key customer pitches, upfront meetings, and strategy sessions
- Work cross-functionally with the external communications, web/digital, social and audience engagement teams to identify available marketing levers, build, execute and measure the success of campaigns
- Ensure marketing materials and programs adhere to established standards and guidelines
- Foster a culture of curiosity, learning, continuous improvement, and innovation. Research, develop and seek opportunities to introduce best practices, new tactics, and channels to engage customers and prospects in new and appealing ways
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4+ years of experience driving bottom line B2B marketing results with demonstrated expertise in lead generation and capturing ROI
- Experience managing multiple programs and projects simultaneously
- Focused B2B marketing experience including target persona and journey mapping, CRM & data strategies, content management, marketing automation, product marketing, digital marketing, account-based marketing, end to end campaign management and market research
- Understanding of typical B2B sales processes, opportunity pipeline management and reporting
- Demonstrated success planning, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated history of generating a solid return on investment in prior campaign work
- Expertise using marketing analytics to continuously improve campaigns and ad spend
- Successful history leading marketing personnel of various levels
- Sound command of Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a performance-based marketing environment
- Sound leadership communication and influencing skills; influencing strategy with stakeholders
- Ability to travel on occasion as needed
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Healthcare or Financial Services Marketing experience
- Experience with Salesforce, Oracle Marketing cloud (Eloqua) and other SaaS solutions, DOMO
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.