wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a CIB Control – Macro Senior Control Officer. This position is within the Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Control Team, which is responsible for the implementation and management of the First Line of Defense risk program requirements. Within CIB Control, this position resides in the Business Aligned Control team and will support the Macro businesses and the associated Middle Office functions.
The position requires a detailed understanding of Capital Markets products and services, as well as good knowledge and understanding of Foreign Exchange, other Fixed Income products and Electronic Trading across Capitals Markets. Furthermore, the ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of the principles of operational risk management, as prescribed by the Basel Committee. The role will support global business leadership and COO teams to design and implement first line controls with respect to a variety of regulatory requirements, Wells Fargo policies and industry best practices.
Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com
In this role, you will:
- Manage directly or coordinate resources within the CIB Business Controls team responsible for coverage of the Macro businesses and associated Middle Office functions
- Primary risk management contact for the CIB Macro and Middle Office groups with proven knowledge of products, services, processes, systems and customers
- Continuously engage in discussions with LOB partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk issues across all risk types, including financial risks
- Collaborate with, guide and counsel Risk Control and LOB partners on control design and implementation to mitigate risks
- Collaborate with, guide and counsel LOB process and control owners for Control Assurance, including identifying where controls reside, managing control changes, evaluating effectiveness and functioning as liaison to control assurance team in Governance & Programs
- Collaborate with, guide, and counsel LOB partners on matters relating to the identification, formulation, and implementation of corporate policies, procedures to mitigate risks
- Ensure a proper LOB profile of applicable regulations and associated controls as well as residual risks and compensating controls are maintained and continuously updated in appropriate systems of record on an ongoing basis
- Ensure appropriate connectivity, linkage, and integration with in-region international risk management teams accountable for LOB activities in EMEA, Canada, Asia, ANZ, and Latin America
- Execute and manage the advancement of core risk program requirements such as BPM, loss capture as well as related enterprise risk programs (BCP, Information Security, Sales Practices, Conduct Risk, etc.)
- Partner with Macro and Middle Office managers and control functions to complete risk program requirements
- Establishing the product-risk portfolio profile, rating and trend for subject coverage areas across the L1 and L2 risk types defined in the Corporate Risk Management Framework and related BPM process activities for areas covered
- Establish the inventory of all relevant business processes, governance channels, internal testing, audit, regulatory engagements and prioritize internal preparation, review routines and the integration with RCSA/BPM as applicable
- Establish regular routines with corporate risk, testing & validation and audit partners to provide transparency into business risk profile and trend
- Establish a formal communication channel to broadcast risk program updates, risk profiles, policy updates and other key risk program information to the senior leaders of all coverage areas
- Support the Quarterly LOB RCSA Affirmation process and related feeder/governance meetings
- Establish and update regular risk reports for communication of risk ratings, issues and key topics
- Work with the business and support teams to provide operational risk expertise and consulting for projects and platform initiatives
- Work within the CIB Business Control Management team to ensure requirements of the corporate risk management programs (CRMPs) are appropriately communicated to and met by the line of business
- Conduct risk assessments to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems, technology and internal controls
- Analyze business, industry, system changes or other material business environment changes to determine impact, identify and assess operational risk issues
- Report risk assessment findings through corporate risk reporting channels and develop business cases to influence control owners and business sponsors on the need for additional or improved controls to mitigate risk as applicable
- Provide reporting, written and verbal updates to LOB risk oversight councils, CIB/Wholesale and Enterprise risk committees as issues/incidents arise that require escalation
- 7+ years of Risk Management or Financial Services Industry experience, or equivalent experience demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Strong working knowledge of Capital Markets businesses, its products and services, and relevant risks and controls of the business
- Working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) concepts and policies across risk types (regulatory, financial crimes, credit, operational, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal); ability to concisely articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly professional, adaptable and pro-active mindset
- Demonstrated capability to confidently raise issues, escalate early, and engage in constructive credible challenge independently
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Technical understanding of specific business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions where they manifest risk
- Ability to develop high performing, diverse risk structure in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate
- Pro-actively resolve conflict and maintain objectivity
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, and deliver quality analysis and highly actionable management information
- Demonstrated capacity to pro-actively and independently analyze and solve problems and address risks with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements
500 W 33rd St NEW YORK, NY
550 S Tryon St CHARLOTTE, NC
Due to a city-wide mandate in New York City, all individuals who perform in-person work or interact with the public during business must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an approved accommodation to be exempt from being fully vaccinated. Currently, this position falls under the scope of this mandate.
$144,400.00 – $300,000.00 Annual
- Information about Wells Fargo’s employee benefits
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.