Giant Eagle is more than just a supermarket. After more than 80 years in the business, we still see ourselves as the local neighborhood grocery store.
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader recommendation
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other similar role; Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g., safety, service, wellness) or similar role; Demonstrated product knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and discipline record
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members’ productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to complaints;
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the store;
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Manage the cash flow of the store by tracking register and safe balances daily to identify and resolve problems, minimize losses and maximize the store’s profits.
- Prepare accurate daily and weekly cash and sales reports and maintain on site as required by company policy.
- Maintain records and paperwork according to state, federal, and Company regulations.