N26 offers innovative mobile banking services to the U.S., U.K., and 17 other countries across Europe.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Data Protection Officer to coordinate our data processing in European jurisdictions. You will be assuming the position of N26 Group Data Protection Officer and be in charge of reviewing and improving the group data protection management system and related rules and procedures, including data protection policies, processes and procedures and aligning closely with management to ensure transparency and prioritization of data protection topics. You will be working closely with multiple N26 teams and you will have the chance to act as a key advisor in order to enhance a strong, efficient and sustainable global data privacy environment. In addition, you will have an important role in designing and controlling data protection requirements for cutting-edge projects in a very dynamic, diverse, innovative and technology driven company.
In this role, you will:
- Assume the N26 Group Data Protection Officer position.
- Take over and enhance a strong, efficient, and sustainable global data privacy management system.
- Continue operationalizing and documenting the necessary data protection procedures and controls, such as collecting information to identify processing activities and maintaining record of processing activities, conducting data protection impact assessments and monitoring its performance.
- Cooperate and manage the relationship with the competent supervisory authorities.
- Act as a point of contact for regulatory reviews and different regulators in what regards data privacy issues, coordinate information request responses, arrange meetings and briefings with the regulators (specifically, the data privacy supervisory authorities) and address follow-up actions in the different European markets.
- Be in charge of reviewing and enhancing privacy policies and procedures and monitor its compliance by all employees
- Act as an advisor to the Executive Board and Managing Directors on all matters regarding data privacy strategy and its execution
- Work with Legal, Security, Risk and Compliance Teams from our multiple European markets to assess, maintain and update data rules and procedures.
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency while at the same time minimizing risk and participating in the design of customer-oriented and efficient products and services.
- Raise awareness and instruct group-wide employees in data privacy best practices by means of general and specific trainings, depending on the Group’s needs verified by the Data Protection Officer, promoting a culture of data protection compliance across all units of the organization.
- Engage with Legal and Compliance Teams to ensure consistency in regulatory interpretation and implementation, also across the different European markets.
- Provide updates to executive management, stakeholders and operations teams on regulatory and audit developments.
- Maintain and update the data privacy management system together with your team and support with the implementation of the newly onboarded privacy management solutions platform on a Group level.
- Coordinate and conduct data privacy audits and controls
- Collaborate with the Group’s Chief Risk Officer and Chief Information Security Officer and, in particular, with the Information Security function(s) to maintain records of all data assets and exports, and maintaining a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, complaints, claims or notifications, and responding to subject access requests (SARs).
- Ensure that the Group’s IT systems and procedures comply with all relevant data privacy and protection law, regulation and policy.
What you need to be successful:
- You are admitted to practice law in at least one European jurisdiction.
- You have 10/15 + years of experience in the in-house legal and/or compliance team of a regulated entity, ideally a bank or a FinTech firm and served as Data Protection Officer in your last role..
- IT Engineering or Information Security background is a strong plus.
- You have substantial experience in managing people or in overseeing the work performed by other colleagues
- Excellent written and spoken German and English skills
- Strong knowledge of EU data privacy and data protection regulation, and a good understanding of other major privacy frameworks and evolving legislation worldwide
- Strong knowledge of information technology and data management systems required
- An entrepreneurial vision, an autonomous attitude, and a ‘get things done’ approach
- Well-versed in dealing with regulatory issues as well as preparing recommendations for management actions
- Hands-on approach and eagerness to tackle and rethink new topics while demonstrating a quick grasp in conceptual project work and strategic thinking
- Ability to undertake large, long-term projects, develop alternative methods to complete them, and implement solutions
- Ability to have an impact on, present to, and influence executive management and a variety of stakeholders both in Berlin and other international locations
- A high level of integrity, commitment, transparency and initiative
- Experience in working with OneTrust as a privacy management solution is a plus
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors .
- Employee benefits that range from a competitive personal development budget, work from home budget, discounts to fitness & wellness memberships, language apps and public transportation.
- As an N26 employee you will have access to a Premium subscription on your personal N26 bank account. As well as subscriptions for friends and family members.
- Vacation days vary depending on your location of work. Additional day of annual leave for each year of service.
- A high degree of autonomy and access to cutting edge technologies – all while working with a friendly team of peers of diverse nationalities, life experiences and family statuses.
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it.
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We’ve eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.