Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. We are seeking creative, goal-oriented and highly entrepreneurial people to join our exciting and fast-paced team. We are focused on growing and developing a smart assortment of brands, with the best possible shopping experience for our customers.
Amazon is looking for an experienced and driven Marketplace Team Lead to be part of the team recruiting sellers in the new Amazon marketplace in Brazil. The Team Lead will be responsible for initiating and developing strong relationships with medium and large sellers and manufacturers. The objective is to prospect, qualify and close high potential sellers and manufacturers that deliver key and competitive selection, pricing, and availability. In addition to recruiting key sellers, the successful candidate will help them launch on Amazon’s marketplace by ensuring that they master catalogue, pricing and other tools.
Team Lead will also be responsible for driving projects and setting processes within their team and will be the key advocate for his/her category – building a world-class discovery and purchase experience for customers, expanding selection, and helping to define, shape and execute long-term strategic initiatives. They will work with various stakeholders and teams across the Amazon organization both locally and internationally.
- Setting selection strategy and managing seller recruitment teams.
- Effectively prioritize and manage a pipeline of sellers to consistently meet/exceed targets.
- Work closely with new merchants, educating them about Amazon’s high standards of Delivery and Customer Experience
- Identify and acquire sellers/manufacturers who can help bring the right kind of selection and brands for the category.
- Drive innovation aimed at improving customer experience, scaling the categories non-linearly, and strengthening seller/manufacturer relationships.
- Be a business partner for new sellers providing them with -driven insights and advice to optimize their success on Amazon.
- Work cross functionally with central company-wide teams in Technology, Operations and Merchant Services to establish the right processes and optimize them to utilize resources most efficiently.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and hires qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age or disability.
- BA/BS required.
- Demonstrated excellent business discernment with strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to persuade in English and Portuguese.
- Minimum of 6 years in buying, account management, or product management.
- Strong analytical and skills.
- The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects – prioritization, and task delegation.
- Track record of taking ownership and getting it done in an environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves.
- Self-motivated, results driven, and autonomous taking responsibility for achieving your targets.
- MBA degree desired.
- Accomplished range of skill from high-level critical thinking to working with external partners.
- Experience in relevant categories in e-commerce.
- proficient and use of and systems.