Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support team is seeking an Enterprise Support Operations Manager that enjoys working with customers, hiring and developing teams, building innovative mechanisms and processes, managing teams across geographical boundaries, and who preferably, has a background from the Telecom sector. If you have experience leading teams responsible for building or managing full application stacks from the system (Linux or Windows) up through a custom application, managing part of a network from layer 3 and higher, or web-related programming that includes the consumption of web services, we’d like to talk with you!
You will be surrounded by people who are incredibly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while your team:
• Manages assigned subset of key Telecom customers account portfolio, within the Global Telco enterprise support TAM vertical.
• Oversees support cases, and completes analysis and presents periodic reviews of operational performance to customer.
• Provides detailed reviews of service disruptions, performance metrics and detailed pre-launch customer onboarding planning.
• Completes analysis and presents periodic reviews of operational performance to customer.
• Makes recommendations on how new AWS offerings fit in the company architecture.
• Advocates for customer features and requirements within AWS (be their voice internally). Influences customer and org priorities.
• Participates in customer meetings (onsite or via phone)
• Knows and uses all key customer resolution tools across all service groups to facilitate rapid resolution of customer concerns.
• Works directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
• 7-10 year experience in leading/managing Technical teams.
• Ability to hire and develop technical teams.
• Ability to create innovative mechanisms and process.
• Record of leading projects / initiatives to improve support-related processes and the customer’s technical support experience.
• Ability of Stakeholder management, especially during crisis and business critical situations.
• Ability to influences customer and organizational priorities to meet customer needs.
• Strategic management demonstrable experience.
• High level working knowledge about 4G Networks, 5G Networks, Network Function Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVI), Operations Support System (OSS), Business Support Systems (BSS), 5G Core (5GC), Multi-Access Edge Cloud computing (MEC) and 3-tier architecture.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Passionate about customers and new technologies.
• Experience working with Enterprise software and Telecom companies.
• Innovative thinking and bias for action balanced with a strong customer and quality focus.
• Experience and/or background in Telco solution delivery and operation (preferred).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.