Position will be responsible for the execution of safety and risk control (SRC) efforts within Next Level Hospitality Services. This individual will work closely with the leadership team in Safety & Risk Control and will be responsible for interfacing with senior leaders in the organization, key clients in driving continuous improvement, managing and mitigating risk and creating enterprise value. This individual will be an integral part of the Next Level Leadership Team. Individual will also function as a key point of contact for addressing LOB needs as they relate to all Safety & Risk Control function areas.
1) Provide leadership direction, coaching and management oversight to team of Safety & Risk Control (S&RC) professionals embedded across various markets.
2) Responsible for cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships with Business Unit (BU) executives (BU President, Functional Leaders, SVP, Regional Managers) across business portfolio to support growth of business, foster and sustain a strong safety culture, and develop sustaining sponsorship for S&RC initiatives.
3) Will be responsible for communicating S&RC’s vision and raising the profile and visibility of the team and their services through large group presentations, key meeting attendance, client interface, and executive level one-on-one meetings;
4) Assist with develop and implement safety process materials on an annual basis to drive continuous improvement in LOB safety and risk control performance. Specific focus will be on cultivating culture change and line management ownership/sponsorship. Defines, communicates and oversees the Safety Training Program intended for the field-based employees through working with Operational Leadership.
5) Will routinely represent Safety and Risk Control through presentations and communications with senior and location level management to educate, align and build consensus for risk mitigation strategies and culture change to protect people, property, environment and key client interests.
6) Works collaboratively with S&RC peer and technical / subject matter expert support teams and select organizational resources, on an as needed basis, to meet client needs.
7) Evaluates incident and accident trends and statistics and provides analysis to LOB Operational Leadership on a monthly basis.
8) Responsible for troubleshooting food safety, accident, and liability cases and providing viable recommendations for preventing or controlling these issues. Will have responsibility to request deployment of S&RC resources, as necessary, to support BU clients in collaboration with existing S&RC technical and operational support model.
9) Will proactively communicate with supported internal clients to help drive improved safety, and environmental performance. Further, will serve as a “coach” for internal clients to position them as primary sponsors of risk process improvements, which will include scripting of key management messages on a routine basis.
10) Responsible for recruiting, assessing, training, and developing in-field resources, along with other S&RC specialists, as needed.
11) Supports Business Unit clients in maintaining compliance with broad group of governmental regulatory agencies (e.g., DOH, Dept of Ag,JCAHO, OSHA, DOT, EPA, etc.).
Individual will have a direct reporting line to the VP – Ops Support – Safety & Risk Control and a dotted line reporting to VP of Operational Excellence. Must possess strong interpersonal, relationship building, verbal and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to influence culture through safety. Success in this position will require a demonstrated ability to influence and coach executives and effectively raise and resolve conflict to drive sustainable organizational change. The ability to build rapport, credibility and performance- based relationships with senior executives is critical to this role. Individual must also have sound background in understanding and applying food safety principles, FDA Food Code, OSHA rules and regulations as well as a strong understanding of requisite Skilled Nursing regulations, such as CMS. Individual must have demonstrated the ability to lead a team of diverse professionals, work in a matrix environment and provide thought leadership and strategic direction to bring optimal solutions to the team and the clients.
Success in this position will also require the ability to coach, mentor and develop personnel and have excellent listening and needs’ assessment skills.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Master’s Degree preferred) and/or 15+ years’ experience in relevant long-term care or skilled nursing industry.
- Experience in customer services and/or client account management needed.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Food, Environmental Health, and Safety programs.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and show experience with CMS or other healthcare related regulatory agencies.
- Must have experience with multiple service environments including but not limited to Resident Service, Housekeeping, and Laundry
- Experience must include direct interface with senior operating leaders within an organization, above the site, plant or unit level.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft software packages and database systems
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.