The Boeing Company
At Boeing, you can contribute to work that matters.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. Weâ€™re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thatâ€™s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This position is a non-line management role within the BDUK National Security and Defence Services Commercial Team, with particular focus on providing the contract & business support and expertise to the Future Logistic Information Services (FLIS) and its 5 year successor programme. As the prime contractor BDUK is responsible for the delivery of logistics information services to the UK Armed Forces operations worldwide. Reporting to the NS&DS Head of Commercial, this role will be primarily responsible for providing commercial and contract management to the exit of the outgoing contract, phase-in of the successor contract and ultimately the in-service management of a high priority UK MOD programme. This role is full-time primarily based in our Bristol office, with some hybrid working options.
This is an opportunity to be part of a growing and ambitious team with the potential to be involved in an expanding portfolio of programmes. The right candidate would have a drive for providing high level commercial expertise whilst also ensuring the wider commercial team are supported in responding to complex issues from both internal and external stakeholders.
Particular area of focus include; management of discharging contractual obligations, interpretation of contractual terms and positions, building and maintaining effective customer and stakeholder relationships, proactive risk and opportunity management, preparing and negotiating proposals for contract changes, managing intercompany arrangements, and proactive participation in all required programme and customer meetings.
- excellent customer relationship management (preferably of working within a UK defence prime contract)
- depth of knowledge and skilled in defence contracting and terms & conditions (preferably in a single source environment)
- proven negotiation skills
- ability to manage conflict and potential disputes
- first-time quality
- fast and effective responsiveness in a dynamic, competitive environment
- integrated business partnering with stakeholders
- ability to manage a diverse, fast-paced, high workload
- a high degree of independence and ability to work autonomously
- creative commercial solution design and implementation
This position isÂexpected to fulfil a variety of tasks and responsibilities typically associated with a Commercial technical role, including, but not limited to;
- Exercises appropriate signature authority, leads, and participates in proposal development, negotiating and contracting for any growth in scope within the contract portfolio
- Leads the presentation and development of complex business solutions to preserve and expand the business
- Represents the company in external negotiations with responsibility to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts
- Authority to prepare, negotiate, execute, interpret and administer legally binding contractual agreements of a complex nature for The Boeing Company
- Leads coordination and partnership with other internal functional disciplines, acting as a trusted advisor, integrating business / finance / programme priorities to create solutions that balance business financial performance and customer relationship management
- Summarizes complex contractual issues, and leads development of creative solutions and coordination of contractual risk mitigation
- Implements and maintains effective commercial governance to protect company interest and ensure fully aligned work approaches
- Authorises company work and administers contracts and agreements in accordance with contractual requirements
- Interprets contract requirements, manages change and resolves conflict
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- IACCM / CIMA or MBA or significant experience in similar role
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.