You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Solutions Consulting – Manages teams of Solutions Consulting professionals that oversee a small subset of firm solutions and is responsible for planning, budgeting, staffing, and managing large projects, generally one at a time.
- Establishes the strategic approach for solutions consulting within assigned team based on business goals.
- Guides staff in strategies for building adoption and utilization of firm solutions in the marketplace and ensures that the team understands the competitive landscape and the industry environment.
- Has in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of firm solutions, the marketplace and client needs
- .Manages the solution life cycle from development through marketing and the sales process to client engagement and utilization.
- Identifies opportunities and/or gaps across existing firm solutions.
- Identifies areas for enhancement or new/innovative features, conduct feasibility assessments, and make recommendations to senior leaders.
- Determines overall strategic positioning and targeted client segments for assigned solutions(s).
- Establishes the criteria for solutions evaluation, pricing, promotion, distribution strategies and competitive differentiators.
- Interprets and defines complex business problems into technical solutions.
- Participates in market activities, conducts speaking engagements, liaises with industry and professional groups, and networks with strategic decision makers at clients and prospects.
- Contributes to firm intellectual capital around solutions and consulting approach to share with the market.
- Collaborates with peer managers in Relationship Management, Business Development, Account Management, Product Development and Marketing teams to deliver on sales and market share goals.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work conducted by subordinate team aligns to necessary regulatory requirements. Assists staff in navigating Risk, Legal or Compliance requirements.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Manages a team of professionals, including coaching, performance management and resource allocation.
- Participates in the interviewing process and keeps an eye out for potential hires.
- Develops and oversees the achievement of team objectives.
- Manages the financial and human resources for team.
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of total work experience is preferred with at least 0-1 years in management.
- Securities or financial product experience preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.