You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Who we are
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations, or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2022, BNY Mellon had $45.5 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.3 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNY Mellon Marketing & Communications
It’s an exciting time to join the BNY Mellon Marketing & Communications team. Our team is focused on delivering brand recognition, growth, increased client loyalty and employee engagement. We are a world-class, integrated marketing and communications organization, aligned around the needs our clients and the industry .
Role description and opportunities
BNY Mellon’s Clearance and Collateral Management business plays a central role in the global financial ecosystem as the largest provider of both clearance and collateral management in the world. Our position in clearance is truly unique: we are the primary provider of settlement services for U.S. Treasury securities. This role will help support the marketing and communications activities for our Clearance and Collateral Management business.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the team completes projects and campaign tasks in support of the key strategic initiatives of the business. The individual in this role will have an amazing opportunity to have hands-on learning opportunities working with marketing leadership and key business partners to create compelling and successful tactics to introduce new product and technology solutions and enhancements to the marketplace and our clients.
Responsibilities include supporting product and technology launch campaigns, priority product/technology adoption and utilization marketing activity, developing go-to-market positioning and messaging, upholding the brand in all activity, supporting advertising strategies, crafting social media, developing digital assets, and writing award submissions and thought leadership.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and implement integrated marketing and communications campaigns in support of key initiatives and business targets. Also support brand awareness and client relationship-building or prospecting
- Develop and supervise the execution of advertising campaigns in accordance with strategic objectives. Take the lead on the full project lifecycle from development to delivery, tracks marketing content using measurable performance indicators from primary business lines.
- Skilled multi-tasker who handles pressure well and has the ability to work with a wide range of people on multiple projects simultaneously through excellent team management
- Energetic innovator with diverse skill sets, sound judgement and strong points of view who can take initiative to put creative ideas into motion. Introduce increasingly forward-thinking content, selling new ideas and storytelling concepts that will drive the business to new creative heights
- Actively seek input from the business to make timely and well-informed decisions, shaping insights and thought leadership into winning strategies. Promote a sense of urgency that establishes individual accountability
- Focal point for individual business lines. Establish collaborative relationships with internal and external clients to align thinking on strategic objectives, acting as a creative agency for the business, and fostering an environment of trust. Help clients weigh options, evaluate trade-offs and make critical decisions, exceeding expectations in business management and insight
- Position the business as an industry leader in relevant marketing segments by managing collaboration between product and sales, as well as other cross-divisional teams, in support of business plans and corporate goals
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications
- 10-12+ years of professional experience in marketing and communications
- Experience working with financial services, or other large corporate, and mass media including a track record of developing campaigns that have achieved their goals
- Excellent communications and decision-making skills, as well as proven success managing multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Possess grace under pressure, deliver high-quality work under sometimes challenging deadlines and excel at driving projects forward.
- Self-starter with a desire to expand our communications efforts across the business
- Experience in partnering across large, highly collaborative internal teams
- Strong writing and editing skills are a must
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.