You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Who we are:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand for The Bank of New York Mellon
Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available a t www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom a t www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
What we do:
Global Client Management provides strategic oversight and connectivity to the bank’s largest and multi-product clients. In that capacity we understand the client’s strategy, challenges, and opportunities by connecting with the C-suite. In that manner, we work collaboratively with our business partners to solution client needs and grow share of wallet.
Team & Role:
The Latin American team manages large bank and sovereign relationships in the region. The Specialist will report to our Senior Executive Manager to support him and the larger team on KYC and other key administrative tasks and projects, account planning, sales growth and eventually take on smaller, less complex relationships.
- With guidance, this position will help develop strategic planning to manage and grow existing client relationships (with a focus on revenue retention), while identifying opportunities for incremental account growth.
- Serves in a consultative role to the client, advising on the best way to achieve short- and long- term strategic objectives.
- Will participate in client calls
- Identifies new business
- May assist a more senior Client Executive Manager on large or complex accounts to gain breadth/depth of knowledge.
- Will be the clients advocate, and may serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction.
- Understand and promote firm services/product offerings that solve client challenges and achieve account growth.
- Continually evaluate client needs and ensure sustained client engagement. Develop, track and report on relationship strategy/results for assigned client portfolio.
- Work closely with business development teams to ensure relationship management strategy is executed by account management and client service teams.
- Keep abreast of client account activity occurring throughout the firm and may serve as the ultimate escalation point for client satisfaction.
- May work with other Relationship Managers and/or marshal firm-wide resources (marketing, legal, compliance, etc.) to ensure client needs are being addressed and to proactively inform clients of industry developments or firm thought leadership.
- Research and analyze the business environment of assigned clients and industry trends.
- Eventually will be responsible for achievement of organic, incremental growth (revenue, asset) goals within assigned client portfolio.
- Continues to receive advice and coaching from senior team members/management.
The successful candidate will demonstrate/possess:
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required, advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferably in Business Management.
- Knowledge of the Latin American region.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
- Understand local/cultural nuances important for client trust.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.