Checkout.com empowers businesses to adapt, innovate, and thrive with the connected payments they deserve.
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it’s not just what we build that makes us different. It’s how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world – because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Director, Global MasterCard Relationship Manager at Checkout.com
As Checkout.com’s Director, Global MasterCard Relationship Manager you will engage with external stakeholders across forums and thought leadership venues to develop and strengthen existing and prospective partnerships to enrich our capabilities and focus on payments optimization to drive more business growth for our customers.
This is an external facing role, supporting one of the key competitive capabilities of Checkout.com, and will require the ability to engage with our ambitious team of partnerships professionals, data scientists and engineers who are working to significantly move the needle within an area that has high strategic importance to Checkout.com.
What You Will Be Going
- Relationship Management
- This role will be the main stakeholder and day-to-day point of contact between internal CKO stakeholders and MasterCard.
- Business Development
- The role will be responsible for maintaining a strong business partnership and for identifying mutually beneficial opportunities in acquiring, MoneySend Payouts, issuing, new strategic initiatives and products for both parties. Liaise with CKO Commercial teams to provides sales support and represent their interests to MasterCard
- Operational day-to-day support
- The role will serve as the escalation point for internal CKO teams to channel operational queries to MasterCard. It hence requires an in-depth understanding of acquiring, MasterCard rules, risk and fraud, operational, customer support team processes and advises to ensure clear channels of communication to accountable CKO teams for incidents or tech support.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and Seeks to provide single CKO voice to optimise scheme support during any incident and ensures communication to Issuers via Scheme Channels.
- Provides effective commercial procedures or initiating change to ensure key operational commercial and financial targets are delivered.
- Work closely with the scheme on a day-to-day basis to resolve operational issues that affect our merchant base.
- Influences and liaises with commercial and product teams to drive payment growth in line with scheme /financial partner strategic agreements, incentives, and compliance parameters. Understands and contributes to the application of the Comprehensive Credit Risk Framework in region in collaboration with Risk and Scheme Compliance teams.
- Acts as point of escalation building partnerships both internally and externally to maintain strong relationships. Collaborate with Product and Tech teams to ensure ongoing platform readiness.
- Project Management
- Entirely responsible for one or more work streams related to external financial partner implementation(s). Responsible for day to day interaction with internal and external teams involved in implementing new product features, mandates, or scheme BINs/Enhancements in market or region.
- Stakeholder management
- Manages proactively external and internal stakeholders: Licensing, Scheme Compliance,Commercial teams, Scheme reporting, Scheme pricing, etc
- Works hand-in hand with regional Financial Partnerships team members.
If you don’t meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We’re always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
- 5-7 years experience in payments, preferably at a card scheme
- A mix of operations, business development and relationship managements
- Technical understanding of the acquiring business, and key industry driving initiatives (tokenisation, 3DS), and trends
- Strong eComm Payment experience, you know your web hooks from your APIs; your gateway services from your acquiring.
- Hands on experience with technical requirements and business cases for eCommerce payments
- Strong project delivery or project management experience in payments. You know how to get things done; able to organise/liaise with internal and external teams to meet timelines.
- Good experience in implementing Acquiring projects with MasterCard, MCI, Amex, Disc/Diners or other payment partners.
- Obsessed with slick processes, always aiming for simplicity and efficiency
- Strong, collaborator, communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders across organisations and businesses
- A pragmatic thinker with an ability to think outside the box
- Good commercial acumen with an understanding of business processes
- Expected to be hands on. Not shy to get stuck in and roll your sleeves up
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don’t stop at ‘good’ here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We’re proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world – and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.