Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Role: The Technical Engagement Manager will be part of a startup product team innovating end-to-end shopping experiences. Our team consists of entrepreneurs, people excited to work in a “green field” who wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
Specifically this role will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key decision-makers within the senior management and executive teams of prospective accounts, along with internal stakeholders and cross- functional teams to create and present compelling Amazon solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements. In this role you will be responsible for recruiting and launching strategic partners on Amazon, being the primary point of contact for those companies throughout the entire engagement lifecycle.
Post sale, this includes managing project deliverables, milestones, and collect feedback to help evolve our service with the support of our team. Tactically, this will include scheduling reoccurring calls with key account stakeholders as frequently as needed (as much as 1-3 calls/week or as needed).
Key job responsibilities
TEMs are responsible for driving Selling Partner business growth and delivering a positive experience through scaled engagements and operational efficiency. The candidate thrives in an ambiguous environment where they must develop, implement and iterate data, processes, mechanisms and guardrails to improve the Customer and Selling Partner efficiency, innovating and automating whenever possible.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Act as a thought leader in defining success criteria and understand business needs of Selling Partners in an ever-changing business environment. Contributes to and leads strategic plans and documents for the organization.
- Partner with internal and external teams including Category Management, Merchant Technology, and Global Account Management teams to align programs and initiatives to drive automation for existing seller base.
- Collaborate with other internal departments to support the improvement of tools and processes to enhance Selling Partner efficiency and drive productivity for Account Managers.
- Identify, quantify, and define feature enhancements and new products to improve our service offerings based on customer feedback
Selling Partner Support and Business Growth:
- Identify, action and/or provide advice on how to improve business input metrics that drive growth and improve end customer experience, in collaboration with other Amazon programs and teams.
- Manage end-to-end goal setting for team to align with organizational goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure timely, accurate and professional operational support to all business partners within a specified SLA.
- Manage Selling/Business Partner needs and monitor complexity through efficient resource & time allocation.
A day in the life
The Technical Engagement Manager is responsible for but not limited to:
- Building and growing relationships with Selling Partners
- Developing joint account plans
- Creating execution plans to exceed customer KPIs and meet integration and launch timelines
- Conducting regular business reviews
- Capturing voice of the customer to drive continuous improvement
- Managing the operating rhythm of the business to meet and exceed results.
About the team
For millions of customers worldwide, the Amazon name is synonymous with delivery and the Delivery Experience (DEX) team provides those customers with innovative ways to get what they want and need, enabling the choices they make on every order, every day. We combine customer impact with retail invention, solving huge technical challenges along the way.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in account management, marketing, buying, or sales in related in
- Experience engaging, presenting, negotiating and executing enrollment activation & Growth campaigns
- System and analytics skills include: Microsoft Excel for business cases analyses, SFDC for customer opportunity management, and account planning and collaboration hardware and software for virtual customer-facing meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in composing concise, accurate and appropriately targeted responses.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong deep dive mindset and ability to use metrics to measure success levels.
- Success managing dynamic account portfolios
- Program management experience
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,400-$165,600/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.