A career in our United States National Tax Practice National Economics and Statistics practice, within United States National Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients gain valuable insight into emerging tax issues and trends, as well helping them implement successful tax strategies in response to legislative, federal, and judicial tax developments that will impact their business. You’ll help our clients with United States federal income tax considerations primarily related to foreign persons’ activities in the United States, United States persons’ activities outside the United States, cross border mergers and acquisitions, financial transactions, and insurance companies. Our team helps our clients use data driven economic analysis to anticipate and respond to challenges and opportunities that arise from legislative and regulatory changes. You’ll conduct statistical analysis and modelling and data analytics with a focus on providing services to the Federal, Healthcare, Retail & Consumer, Legal and Financial Services Sectors.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies – all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Statistics, Economics, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Conducting economic research, economic modeling, and data analytics;
- Programming in SAS or an equivalent statistical software package to conduct a broad range of Tax-related economic, statistical and modeling services; and,
- Conducting statistical analyses (regression, survival analysis, and time series analysis) and providing statistical consulting tax-related services across a broad spectrum of industry sectors.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success identifying creative solutions to complex statistical, data and modeling issues and/or problems, including missing data issues, voluminous data sources, and disparate data sources.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success conducting independent research and present information clearly, both written and orally.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success managing multiple, concurrent projects and meet deliverable completion deadlines.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a tax technical professional researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradotaxassociate. 301585 301585WD