A career in our United States National Tax Practice Exempt Organisations practice, within United States National Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients gain valuable insight into emerging tax issues and trends, as well helping them implement successful tax strategies in response to legislative, federal, and judicial tax developments that will impact their business. You’ll help our clients with United States federal income tax considerations primarily related to foreign persons’ activities in the United States, United States persons’ activities outside the United States, cross border mergers and acquisitions, financial transactions, and insurance companies. Our team serves a wide range of tax-exempt organisations, including colleges and universities, health care entities, foundations, supporting organisations and other cultural and religious organisations. You’ll assists charities in achieving measurable results, which may include advising on obtaining and preserving tax-exempt status; identifying planning opportunities resulting from legislation, regulations, and rulings; structuring revenue generating activities; advising on executive compensation and employee benefits planning; and complying with income, excise, and employment tax requirements.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs by:
- Understanding Exempt Organization tax issues, tax compliance and consulting, including not-for-profit (and related for-profit) healthcare, higher education, international clients, private foundations, public charities, for-profit corporate, partnerships and individual issues;
- Programming in SAS or an equivalent statistical software package to conduct a broad range of Tax-related economic, statistical and modeling services;
- Conducting statistical analyses (regression, survival analysis, and time series analysis) and providing statistical consulting tax-related services across a broad spectrum of industry sectors; and,
- Demonstrating considerable technical skills, including tax compliance and consulting for not-for-profit organizations and a variety of Forms including 990, 990 PF, 1120, 1065 and 1040.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a tax technical professional researching business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals, considering opportunities across multiple lines of service.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in pricing, client value and the negotiation process including reviewing contracts and finding opportunities to introduce new pricing options.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
Minimum years experience required
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies – all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradotaxseniorassociate. 329283 329283WD