A career in our State and Local Indirect Tax practice, within State and Local Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients solve their business issues related to business restructuring, adoption of new tax laws, and communicating local tax developments. You’ll help with assessing our client’s state and local tax burden and recommend solutions that support their overall business objectives to ensure that their filling positions are consistent with good business practices and with the states applicable tax laws and rules.Our team helps our clients manage their indirect tax responsibilities related to value added taxes, sales and use taxes, goods and services taxes, federal excise taxes, and other transaction taxes. You’ll help with identifying and exploring indirect tax opportunities and issues related to business expansion, systems and controls, refunds and cash flow, and policy and design.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner – verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies – all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Additional Educational Requirements:
Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other business related fields may be considered (such as: Business Administration/Management, Economics, or Finance with significant coursework in information systems).
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in understanding of Technology consulting and of one or more of the following is preferred:
- SQL, Access, VBA, Python, Oracle, Perl, Java, C, C++, .NET, HTML, XML, Hadoop, NoSQL, other scripting/big data languages;
- Windows, Unix, MacOS, iOS;
- Application development and design, portals, packaged web applications;
- Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) design and development;
- Content and/or Information Management tools such as SharePoint; and,
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView, MicroStrategy.
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in accounting, finance and/or statistical analysis techniques.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in researching and analyzing technical matters, while utilizing problem-solving skills. This includes one or more the following:
- Collecting and analyzing large and complex data sets;
- Performing assessments of clients’ information management system and processes; and
- Demonstrating an aptitude for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses.
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in understanding of how technology applies to tax issues.
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in using the standard suite of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to create related deliverables.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in utilizing effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members and/or clients in a professional setting.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in working in a collaborative team environment.
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in intellectual curiosity and desire to investigate complex data-related problems and to research and apply new technologies to solve data intensive problems.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in written and oral communication skills; ability to translate technical issues into non-technical terms orally and in writing.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradotaxassociate. 292608 292608WD