Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Perfect Order Experience team works to ensure that buyers receive authentic products in the condition and with the functionality they are expecting. We design and implement policies, tools, and technology innovations to protect the buying experience on Amazon. Our team is looking for an Incident Manger to respond to and mitigate critical and high impact global events and escalations.
As a Senior Incident Manager you will be responsible for:
• Identifying, managing, and resolving time sensitive escalations.
• Performing analysis of data from a variety of sources to identify possible risk indicators.
• Performing incident triage, to include determining scope, urgency, and potential impact, identifying the specific vulnerability, and making recommendations that enable expeditious remediation.
• Performing escalation trend analysis and reporting.
• Performing real-time incident handling tasks to support world-wide operations.
• Analyzing escalations from various sources within Amazon, determining possible root causes and identifying preventative actions
• Tracking and documenting incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
• Writing and publishing techniques, guidance, and reports on incident findings.
• Serving as technical expert and liaison to law enforcement and legal personnel and explain incident details
• Coordinating with analysts to correlate threat assessment data.
• Monitoring external data sources to maintain currency of threat condition and determine which issues may have an impact on POE operations.
• Drafting and presenting deep-dive documents and reports on policy and process gaps leading to senior executives.
• Exercise strong judgment in areas where policies are not well defined.
• Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems and recommend the most appropriate course of action.
• Dissect complex problems to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Analyze existing policy and process gaps, and identify solutions to close them.
• Function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree. • 1-3 years of experience managing incidents, escalations, crisis management, risk management, or other relevant experience in a fast-paced environment • Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience writing for and briefing executive-level stakeholders. • Ability to think critically and logically, with the vision to work both tactically and strategically. • Exceptional bias for action willing to move quickly and decisively to resolve an incident. • Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills.
Full professional proficiency in either German, French, Spanish or Arabic in addition to English
Advanced degree in related discipline (e.g JD, MBA, MA, Public Policy)
3-5 years of experience managing incidents, escalations, crisis management, risk management, or other relevant experience in a fast-paced environment
1-3 years of experience working in industries such as law, IP protection, fraud, compliance, or related fields
2+ years working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
Familiarity with multiple analytic tools, databases, and techniques.
Knowledge of multiple search engines and tools in conducting open-source searches.
A proven track record of successfully delivering initiatives from conception through completion.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.