Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Reliability, Maintenance, and Engineering (RME) Central Services is hiring for Systems Engineers!
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
The System Development Engineer position provides proactive technical support for fulfillment operations, focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance of equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and plan work activities for the site Control Systems Engineers to accomplish goals and objectives of North America Customer Fulfillment teams.
- Work closely with FC Operations, Operations Engineering, FC Start up Team, AFT Software teams, ACES team, and Safety in supporting MHE systems optimization and project implementation.
- Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including programmable logic controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with maintenance/operations for system performance issues and provide analysis across all Amazon business units.
- Act as first level escalation support for the site Control Systems Engineers during and after business hours, troubleshooting locally and remotely and repair all hardware or controls software systems within the building.
- Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Mentor CSEs, CSLs and CSTs within your assigned building.
- Facilitate Failure Analysis and Incident Review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents.
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems.
- Perform, utilize, and provide analysis to assess material handling system performance.
- Partner with Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building.
- Utilize network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team.
- Assist with skill assessments for the Technical positions within site maintenance teams.
- Handle flexible workload which may come from management or operations.
- Travel up to 70%
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or other related engineering field OR 5+ years of equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with electrical theory, robotics, controls components and automated equipment.
- Knowledge on programming software such as RSLogix, Studio 5000, FT View, and other controls software platforms.
- Knowledge of robotics work cells and related control systems.
- Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, programming, and designing HMI and control network components.
- Experience identifying, maintaining, troubleshooting, and modifying motor controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management System Software Concepts and messaging protocols.
- Experience interpreting, modifying, and developing mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience identifying, maintaining, and utilizing SCADA systems and KPIs.
- Ability to lead others in a technical role and interact with all levels of management.
- Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
- Systems controls design or programming experience.
- Systems integration experience.
- Field service engineering experience.
- Systems trainer or training experience.
- Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems.
- Excellent written, verbal and customer service skills.
- Proven history of remote technical phone support.
- Experience with advanced automation controls systems.
- Experience with industrial robotics.
- Experience with ASRS systems.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $129,200 – 174,800/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.