Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
This role will be based in South Florida. (i.e. Can be based in any South Florida Cities such as: Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, etc.)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and collaborative pre-sales managers to coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solutions Architects. You will help develop the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of technology leaders, innovators, and disruptors in the US Southeast. Your team will help customers architect highly scalable and available workloads, cloud native applications, and innovative solutions in various technology domains such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), and Serverless computing. If you are someone who likes to work with customers and solve complex challenges, AWS is hiring Senior Managers for our Solutions Architects.
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. We are looking for leaders who love learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. We need innovative leaders who can look beyond the technology and consider the value our technology creates for our customers, and can help change how our technology is viewed to enable outcomes. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills. You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services teams, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of Independent Software Vendor customers.
The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect, technical pre-sales, or a similar role and experience managing a team of a Solution Architects. You will have an ability to grow your leadership skills as well as diving deep into various hands-on solutions while developing new skills, so you can make strong contributions in product-centric architecture transformation discussions.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
- As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating product-centric applications, software and services onto the AWS platform.
- Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources.
- Educate ISV customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices.
- Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be “Cloud advocates”.
- Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
- Guiding Solution Architects and their AWS customers to modernize and implement SaaS application solutions.
- Understanding of cloud enabled innovative product solutions.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related degree.
- 10+ years of technology related pre-sales, technology consulting, or business development experience.
- 5+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications.
- Management/team leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- 5+ years of experience successfully building and executing technical strategies for large scale enterprises
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Professional experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS or other cloud platforms.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.