Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world. This role will be be to conceive, design, analyze , execute, and commission custom assembly tooling and test equipment for both satellite development and production
Key job responsibilities
- Work with vehicle, manufacturing, integration and operation teams to define and conceive creative solutions to unique problems.
- Geometric design using 3D CAD (NX) for parts and assemblies.
- Utilize engineering fundamentals to validate the design include hand-calculations and Finite Element Analysis.
- Complete 2D engineering drawings to communicate design intent
- Project Manage execution of design including budgeting, scheduling and working with manufacturing teams and vendors
- Work directly with manufacturing and operation teams on commissioning designs on production floor.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll work with leaders in multiple technology areas. You’ll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you’ll be constantly looking for ways to improve your product’s performance, quality and cost. We want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
About the team
The Ground Support Equipment (GSE) team is responsible for designing and commissioning tooling and automation equipment for Satellite testing and production. This is a team of engineers and support technicians to provide in-house unique and creative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience with CAD Design of complex systems including 3D modeling, drawings, and GD&T
- 2+ years of experience of structural analysis including hand calculations and Finite Element Analysis
- 1+ years of experience with project management, schedule, and budgeting
- Strong background in the design of mechanism, bolted and welded structures, assembly fixtures, alignment fixtures, test fixtures, rigging, and material handling in a project based environment
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals including statics, dynamics, and mechanics of material
- Expert expiernece with FEMAP / NASTRAN
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials used in assembly tooling and rapid prototyping
- Experience designing tooling solutions for aerospace hardware
- Experience with Siemens NX 3D modeling package
- Laser tracking experience is a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.