Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative, fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work at Amazon!
We’re looking for an outstanding Mechanical Designer who combines superb 3D CAD capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right work done quickly and effectively. This person must have experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and producing top notch CAD designs. This person must be comfortable working with large databases with complex constraints.
Key job responsibilities
• Creation, iteration and management of CAD designs for large system databases
• Manage the creation, checking, issuing and revisions of drawings for parts / assemblies
• Manage CAD BOM through product lifecycle management system
• Work with a team of engineers across multiple disciplines (mechanical, thermal, electrical, structural, manufacturing, metrology, tooling, assembly, test) in the ideation and creation of system concepts
• Engage with suppliers and vendors as needed for CAD definition of sourced components/systems
• Work with procurement and sourcing in identification and review of manufacturing sources
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related field OR equivalent experience
• 6+ years CAD experience in complex mechanical / electro-mechanical assemblies/ machines/ structures/ systems
• 4+ years of experience in the creation, manipulation, iteration and optimization of mechanical designs with complex interactions / constraints
• 4+ years of experience interfacing with a range of engineering disciplines, and understanding the scope of those inputs and requirements
• Expert level capability w/ 3D CAD systems – Siemens NX (8+ years of experience in advanced CAD assemblies)
• Manufacturing and test knowledge (Forming, Machining, Finishing, Tooling, Assembly, Testing)
• Awareness of adhesives, finishes, material properties and selection criteria that influence selection for harsh environments
• Experience in optimizing design features to optimize for part cost (material handling, manufacturing, finishing, measurement)
• Hands-on experience with manufacturers/machinists/ part producers
• Experience in developing fabrication drawings for a range of manufacturing methods (rapid prototyping, machining, forming, composite manufacturing)
• Experienced in the CAD database management, CAD Bill of Materials management, and Product Life Cycle Management (PLM)
• Experience with change control and management through ERP/MRP systems to manufacturing/assembly personnel
• Hands-on support in prototyping assembly and test
• Excellent CAD database organization and management skills
• Organized, with demonstrable ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
• Motivated, highly dependable team player
• Possess excellent communication skills, with attention to details
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.