Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon’s Advertising business is growing its share of the online advertising industry due to its unique combination of online retail behavior data, industry-leading cloud services, and a fast-moving startup culture. As we continue to grow and innovate, protecting the privacy and retaining the trust of our customers remains our primary focus. The Privacy Engineering team is distributed across Seattle and Boulder and we are now looking expand in Toronto, starting with a Software Development Manager to help build out the new team.
The team is developing tools, frameworks and APIs that protect customer privacy and retains their trust. The team will focus on engineering solutions that will support privacy by design. Being an emerging field, this role requires thought leadership, an ability to think outside the box, challenge status quo and think big to solve these problems not just for Advertising, but for all of Amazon.
About you: You’re looking for a career where you’ll be able to ideate, innovate, design, build and deliver technology solutions. You look at problems holistically and thrive on cutting through complexity to deliver simple and maintainable solutions. You want to work on projects where you are implementing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. This highly visible role requires frequent communication with leadership in order to help shape and deliver on the product roadmap, and requires you to nimbly switch between strategic and tactical initiatives to achieve technical, business, and customer experience goals. You’ll be given an opportunity to own and drive initiatives through the entire software stack – from customer facing features, to exploratory innovation, all the way down to the datasets that the back-end services store.
• 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
• Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Experience in Privacy and/or Security Experience in Advertising a plus.
• Experience with modern software development practices. Solid grounding in Computer Science, including algorithms, data structures, operating systems, programming languages and distributed systems.
• Track record of contributing to large, cross-team initiatives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.