A leading provider of specialized services to the global industrial, commercial and infrastructure markets, BrandSafway delivers access and scaffolding systems, forming and shoring, industrial services and related solutions to more than 32,000 customers worldwide. BrandSafway was formed when Brand Energy & Infrastructure Services and Safway Group combined in 2017. We are a corporation of 35,000 employees with operations in more than 35 countries.
At BrandSafway, we know our employees are our greatest asset, which is why we give them the tools, training and resources to be successful. Come join our growing Information Technology team. We are looking for a Senior Java Developer who will be an integral part of the BrandSafway Java team and reports to the IT Applications Manager. The Applications teams are primarily maintenance focused, with a few strategic applications being actively developed. The Senior Java Developer participates in the design, development and maintenance of various applications developed on the Java stack across multiple technology platforms.
- This is a senior developer role that must be the technical owner of several key home-grown applications used by the business on a daily business to manage multimillion dollar projects. This role requires good investigation techniques on issue and the ability to work with other senior IT personnel and be the “Go-To” technical resource for these applications.
- Consistently deliver quality applications in a timely manner through established processes, patterns, architecture, frameworks, testing, and coding standards.
- Perform research activities in support of operations and application analysts as needed.
- Expected to stay current with technology tools, patterns, frameworks, and methodologies.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive related development experience in Java programming.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive related development experience in Java J2EE technologies including Servlets and Java Server Pages.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with DB2 database, SQL query writing and SQL optimization
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Experience with Hibernate required
- Experience with deployment of Java based applications and typical SDLC practices related to the Java platform.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with AJAX
- Experience with SVN version control
- BootStrap, Thyme leaf, and CSS3 a plus
BrandSafway, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, special disabled or Vietnam or other era veteran status.
Notice to all potential job candidates:
Please be advised that BrandSafway will never require or ask for any fee from you in exchange for being considered, hired, promoted, transferred or having ongoing employment with us. It is a violation of our Code of Conduct if any employee requests any money or fee from you in exchange for any special treatment or consideration. If anyone, regardless whether an existing employee, or anyone else, requests payment of any fee in exchange for being hired into our company, you may confidentially contact our HR Compliance department at email@example.com and provide the name of the individual and any other documentation or proof of such an act.
Job date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 22:11:51 GMT