UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
$2000.00 Sign On Bonus for all external candidates
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The LVN performs a variety of healthcare screening activities to assist providers in conducting quality clinics, including administering injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy, quality surveys and various other procedures. Delivers exceptional customer service and maintains established quality control standards. This position will work directly with our contracted providers to improve their quality goals and to provide education and training while onsite at the PCP clinic. The LVN offers guidance and support to the PCP and staff to ensure they have the tools and resources to meet their quality healthcare goals.
- Performs all duties within the scope of a LVN (procedures, injections, diagnostic testing, phlebotomy)
- Coordinates healthcare screening results as directed by providers, company standards, and policies
- Broad knowledge of information required to complete health screenings required
- Travels with the mobile team to clinics and centralized locations to conduct screening clinics to support contracted physician network
- Focus on medication adherence and work with office and patients to ensure the patients are able to obtain medications and take the medications according to the prescriber information
- Record resolutions of med adherence and other quality indicators that have an action plan and follow through with physician and/or mobile team provider. Adjust action plan as indicated to improve compliance
- Follows all physician office guidelines while conducting screening clinics onsite at contracted physician clinics
- Arrives to all clinics as least 15 minutes early to introduce the team to the office staff and set up equipment in exam room designated for clinic
- Organizes onsite clinics to ensure all equipment and supplies are on hand and set up in the exam rooms prior to receiving patients for screening appointments
- Performs and completes all quality program health screenings per required metrics
- Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate manner and copy all physician on patient results and quality forms submitted
- Reviews all patient screening forms to ensure outstanding healthcare screenings are performed. Reviews medical records and collects referral information for colon screenings, DM eye exams, mammograms and labs
- Records patient care documentation in the medical records accurately and according to company policy
- Conducts post audits on all information submitted to quality program to make sure information was complete and presented withint the guidelines. Any items rejected due to noncompliance will be researched and resubmitted according to guidelines
- Reviews all medical information, test results and suvey questions prior to the patient leaving to ensure all information is captured
- Presents abnormal results to the provider promptly to ensure there is not an emergent condition that needs immediate attention
- Post clinic preparation of mobile team charts for faxing, filing and forwading to the PCP offices
- Compiles results and enters information into utilization reports for submission to management
- Supports contracted physician group by providing training and education to the office staff in ePRG, use of equipment, and process to accurately complete quality forms sent by the PCP
- Works collaboratively with mobile team staff, medical director, PBMs, and provider offices to ensure completion of quality forms and improve overall quality score
- Floats to assigned positions/locations as needed to support and assist with patient screening overflows, high volume clinics and staff absences
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the department as well as proper relase of patient information at all times
- Maintains licensures/certifications (LVN and BLS) and quality control standards
- Participates in marketing events as determined by business need
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
PLEASE NOTE The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current unrestricted Vocational Nurse License in applicable state
- Current BLS certification for healthcare providers (written exam and in-person assessment) at time of hire or within 30 days of hire
- Valid drivers license within the state of work
- 1+ years of related LVN experience in a clinical setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Basic computer literacy
- ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to travel frequently within assigned market
- Reliable transportation for daily travel to various locations/clinics as assigned
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 3+ years LVN experience in a clinical setting
- Successful demonstration as a LVN in physician offiee with skills to teach, lead, and educate staff; understand the compliance of all quality procedures and clinical guidelines of the company clinic policies
- HEDIS or Quality Audit experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Independent problem identification resolution and decision making skills
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 100 pounds of force
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
- Occasionally requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidat es prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We’re impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Licensed Vocational Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Grand Prairie, TX, Texas