UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
$2000.00 Sign-On Bonus Offered for External Applicants!
Clinic LPN provides a variety of patient care activities supporting the needs of the Palliative Care Program, in both administrative office and in the field
- Answers phones and schedules appointments based on best geographic locations to minimize drive time between patients
- Schedules family meetings when appropriate
- Performs all nursing duties within the scope of a Licensed Practical Nurse (procedures, injections, EKGs, phlebotomy)
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and timely
- Reviews the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for each patient prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider 100% of the time
- Organizes Provider/RN bags and maintains equipment, responsible for ordering equipment a necessary
- Responsible for ensuring proper communication between PCP and Palliative Care Team.
- Triages patient phone calls to the appropriate destination, ensuring that urgent calls are expedited to the provider
- Enters data from PCP charts to WellMed Electronic Medical Record System
- Participates in Marketing events
- Performs medical house calls if necessary
- Collects any samples from the home visits (labs) and ensures proper labeling/dissemination
- Obtains and tracks referrals
- Processes and tracks requests for DME
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current Florida Practical Nurse License
- 3+ years of related LPN clinical experience
- Experience performing procedures, injections and phlebotomy
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to maintain quality control standards
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 3+ years of LPN experience in a medical, home or hospice setting
- Knowledge/experience in hospice, palliative care and end-of-life patient management
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We’re impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
PLEASE NOTE The Sign On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Supportive Care LPN, LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, End-of-Life, Clinical, Medical Terminology, Injections, Phlebotomy, Home Visits, Telephonic, Hospice, Orlando, FL, Florida