MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community.
Your team responsibilities
MSCI Index Sales Specialists are responsible for maintaining existing client relationships as well as new business development for MSCI products. Each person travels within their respective sales territory to meet with clients regarding new products as well as enhancements to existing products.
The role entails educating, positioning and licensing MSCI’s global equity index data to current clients as well as prospective clientele. Sales Specialists use their knowledge of the investment management process, modern portfolio theory, and data distribution platforms (Bloomberg, Factset, Thompson, etc.) to identify solutions using MSCI tools for their clients.
This role is a highly visible one, with involvement in all aspects of account management, including senior level relationship management, in-depth discussions regarding MSCI’s index methodology, commercial terms and contract negotiation, closing sales, and product setup and delivery. Education of the enhancements and evolution of how our indices are used by the investment community is ongoing. In this role, individuals will work very closely with MSCI Product Management, Global Client Service, Client Consultants, Marketing, Global Sales Colleagues, Legal Counsel and Finance Operations
What we will offer you:
- At MSCI, we provide competitive benefits programs in every region in which we do business. While our benefits plans vary in availability in our different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as a MSCI employee. Wherever you are with us, you will find benefits that can help ensure your health and well-being and contribute to your financial security.
Your key responsibilities
Total Relationship Management involving:
- High level management contact
- Strategic planning within territory and key accounts
- New product placement
- Identification of opportunities across other business segments
- Ability to answer detailed client inquiries about MSCI products and methodologies
- Strive to achieve or exceed targeted revenue goals
- Proactively keep all clients up to date about MSCI products, announcements, projects, etc
- Work with other teams and departments to ensure that all client requests and inquiries are managed appropriately
- Maintain accurate records regarding account visits, client conversations, finalized contracts, etc.
- Proactively solicit client feedback regarding new initiatives and future product development
- Provide feedback from clients to the Product Management Unit, Marketing, Sales Colleagues and Research
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Bachelor’s Degree Required or equivalent experience; MBA, Master’s Degree and/or CFA charter holder strongly desired
- 7+ years of experience in the financial service industry
- Minimum of 4 years direct sales experience with a proven record of achievement and accomplishment
- Superior communication and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple detail-oriented projects
- Strong sales closing skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Understanding of/experience dealing with major financial institutions including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Broker Dealers, Pension Plans, and/or Consultants
- Strong understanding of the global equity and fixed income markets
- A self-starter and highly motivated; ability to work individually and within a team
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor .
To all recruitment agencies : MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Response to COVID-19
To help protect our colleagues, MSCI requires that new hires are fully vaccinated (meaning two weeks have elapsed since the final vaccine shot) as a condition of employment and will require proof of vaccination.