Johnson & Johnson
Cutting-edge science, digital technology, and new ways of thinking are improving how people are cared for around the world, and Johnson & Johnson is at the forefront.
Ethicon, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Manager of Global Pricing Strategy. Location preferences are Cincinnati, OH, Santa Clara or Redwood City, CA or Raritan, NJ. Remote option is also available.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com
The Senior Manager, Global Pricing Strategy will be a part of the Strategic Insights & Pricing (SI&P) team and will primarily support two Ethicon platforms: Energy and Robotics & Digital Solutions. This individual will support the development and execution of pricing strategy throughout the entire product lifecycle from before launch to discontinuation through price setting and price getting.
Price setting includes collaborating with Global Strategic Marketing (GSM), Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA), and other cross-functional partners to develop data- and research-driven pricing recommendations that drive Ethicon, Energy, and Robotics & Digital Solutions strategies while providing value to customers and required gross profitability.
Price getting includes partnering with regional and country Marketing, Pricing, Sales & Contracting, Finance, etc., to aid implementation of pricing guidance.
The Senior Manager will also be accountable for measurement and reporting of related operational and financial key performance indicators and will also work on improving existing and introducing new global capabilities, strategies, policies, and processes.
- For new product introductions, build and recommend pricing corridors (target average selling prices and floor prices) using value-based pricing methodology, clinical and economic outcomes data, primary market research, secondary market and competitor data, etc.
- Develop recommendations for pricing various products within brands (brand ladders) and across various stages of the product lifecycle from launch to discontinuation to drive the optimal portfolio mix.
- Collaborate with regional and country partners around the world to understand their unique market dynamics and assist with implementation of pricing recommendations in list prices, contracts, tenders, etc.
- Consult on which business/commercial models to use when selling products/services, including emerging business models such as capital pricing models, outcomes-based models, subscription pricing models, etc.
- Measure and report key performance indicators like average selling prices, portfolio mix, profitability, etc., to identify insights and inform future strategies.
- Forecast future pricing to support both short- and long-term financial planning.
- Identify opportunities to grow gross profit via pricing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Economics, or similar field is required. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) or similar advanced degree is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years of business experience
- Balance of quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills with an emphasis on data-driven and customer-focused decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial and economic metrics including price elasticity of demand
- Ability to collaborate and cultivate trust and partnership across functions, levels, and geographies
- Ability to influence without authority – including influencing senior leaders – and to negotiate and drive decision-making
- Comfort with ambiguity and making decisions amidst uncertainty and incomplete data
- Strong prioritization, project and time management, and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Domestic and international travel required up to 25% of the time
- 3-5 years of experience in Pricing, Marketing, Contracting, Finance, or Strategic Planning
- Experience in pricing-focused primary market research, including methodologies such as conjoint analysis, discrete choice modeling, Gabor-Granger pricing evaluation, and Van Westendorp pricing sensitivities
- Experience in alternative business/commercial models, such as pricing software / software as a service (SaaS)
- Experience in the medical device industry and product/market knowledge of Ethicon and competitor medical devices
- Experience working across multiple geographies within a complex business environment
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization programs
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $112,000 to $168,500.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found at https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States-California-Redwood City, North America-United States-California-Santa Clara, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Medical Device Business Services, Inc (6029)