Deutsche Bank is a tech-driven provider of financial services, offering corporate, investment, private, retail, and asset management products on a global scale.
Job Title: Americas Business Selection and Conflicts Office
Corporate Title: Vice President
Location: New York, NY
The Business Selection and Conflicts Office (BSCO) is part of the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Division of the Bank. The BSCO is an independent function and responsible for bank-wide business selection and conflict resolution, as well as providing independent oversight of the Bank’s implementation of the Conflicts of Interest Minimum Standards Framework. The team is located in London, New York, and Sydney and supports all business divisions in transactional conflict identification, escalation, and resolution. Within the BSCO, the Conflict Clearing team performs a key role in conflict identification and will then be responsible for appropriate escalation of the conflict to the Regional Business Selection Officer for a resolution.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank’s expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York office in accordance with the Bank’s hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Seek updates to relevant deal information and log any potential new transaction for assigned areas within the Bank’s central Conflict Clearing system; requires understanding of underlying business, policies, and practices involved with conflict clearing deals and strong relationships with Deutsche Bank bankers to ensure transactions are accurately captured within Deutsche Bank’s proprietary system
- Identify and escalate any potential conflicts of interest for resolution that may arise from updated deal logs or from initial logging of potential transactions; while guidelines are in place for dealing with certain deal-type of conflict-specific situation fully understanding the nuance behind every deal to get to proper and full resolution requires significant judgment and experience
- Conflict Clearer will work closely with Business Selection Officer, Bankers, and when appropriate Legal when conflictive situations arise
Your Skills and Experience:
- Requisite experience in deal logging/conflict clearing are helpful; Legal, Compliance, or Controls type background would be helpful at this title level, as are knowledge of Deutsche Bank and Industry
- Excellent organization and communication skills, both written and verbal especially in terms of driving global collaboration
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team and virtual working groups
- Attention to detail, proactive, and being diligent is key to this role
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.