Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Lockheed Martin is a Cyber Security pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing employees are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus – if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is located at MCAS Cherry Point, NC and will support the F-35 Program. The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) performs mandatory information system security tasks on assigned information systems utilizing JSIG, DoD 8500, NIST, CNSSI, F35 Security Authorization documentation and other related DoD documents in the F-35 squadrons and simulator facility as required.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to configuring information systems, providing information for the development of System Security Plans, establishing and maintaining configuration management plans, install/update/remove computer equipment, preparing documents to gain government approvals to operate information systems, weekly system audits, anti-virus software management, sanitizing systems and components, establishing new user accounts, preparing for and supporting inspections, etc. ISSOs work under the direction of the Air System Information System Security Manager (ISSM). Successful candidate should be knowledgeable of information technology security principles, PC Desktops, and Microsoft suite of applications. Assist with self-inspection reviews. This is a multi-tasking environment that demands customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
Mission requirements may require other than first-shift work. Other duties as assigned.
– Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last PR must be within the last 6 years
– Must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access
– Understanding of configuration management principles
– DoD IAT Level II certification: CCNA Security, CSA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security + CE, or SSCP is required
– Must maintain DoD 8570 certification for the duration of your employment
– Frequent use and application of technical principles, IA methodologies, and concepts
– Prior experience as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
– Experience working in a military environment
– Working knowledge and understanding of operating systems and networking
– Solve a variety of technical issues of moderate complexity with very general supervision
– Experience configuring and operating audit reduction tools
– Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
– Experience with scripting
– Experience with documenting processes and process improvement
– Experience as a Lockheed Martin Cybersecurity intern
– Keen attention to detail and adherence to established security policies
– Excellent verbal, writing, and typing skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.