At Choco, we’re striving to build a seamlessly connected global food system by 2030. One that enables food to move around the planet transparently, sustainably and without waste. Today, Choco provides a platform connecting restaurants and suppliers resulting in better communication, simplified logistics, and – here comes the big one – less food waste. If you’re looking for a challenging new opportunity and the chance to make a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you.
The role & responsibilities
- Your daily life at work would involve tackling new challenges and opportunities within the FoodTech sector. Your main mission would be piloting relationships with long tail buyers
- Spend most of your time building processes and retaining buyers already using Choco. Your mission is to help them be successful
- Keep an eye on your data to help you prioritise your weekly activity, focus and reach your objectives
- Manage at scale the new feature adoption, buyer touch points and new buyers retention
- Create a true trusting relationship over time with the chefs and develop a network – word of mouth is key.
Due to the highly collaborative nature of our business (and the fact that we enjoy spending time together), this is primarily an in-office position.
Who we’re looking for
- You are strongly motivated to have a community builder role. Aside from your sales mentality, you focus on long-term relationships
- You have relevant proven experience in Account Management or Business Development. Experience in the food sector would be a great bonus
- You are adaptable and you can put yourself in the shoes of a super famous Chef but also a Kebab shop as well as a charming little Italian restaurant
Want to learn more about #LifeatChoco? Take a look behind the scenes: bit.ly/3Hmmchd
Choco was founded in Berlin in 2018 and has since expanded to a team of over 400 committed Chocorians working from active Choco offices in the US, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, and Spain. Our ordering app is used by over 15K buyers and over 10K suppliers around the globe – bringing our annual order volume to an estimated $1 billion.
Just a year after our $63.7 million Series A funding round, we secured an additional $100 million in Series B funding. In April of 2022, we gained another $111 million in Series B2 funding with a valuation of $1.2 billion – earning us unicorn status just a few years in.
We’re backed by leading investors like Insight Partners, LeftLane Capital, Coatue Management, and Bessemer Venture Partners. In addition, we’re working alongside those who built companies like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber, and more.
Choco is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.